VPN provider who claimed it didn't keep logs gets hacked, logs released

So if you will, please tell me what they will do with your SS#, name, address, ect
IF that is all you are worried about, then why do you care? (please answer if you have an answer, same to Pablo above)

As far as credit bureaus collecting your information, the only reason that information is there is because you went to other people to borrow money for stuff you wanted to buy. IF you didnt borrow money, they would have no information on you.
Checking account, savings accounts, brokerage accounts, trust accounts, DRIP plans, etc on the asset side, then there is security - depending on the business or even government you work for, or business you own, lastly there is the possibility of general mayhem and crimes done in your name.

IF you didnt borrow money, they would have no information on you.

Not sure that is true. They probably still have some information and regardless they ****ed better not be cavalier with it.

Maybe you don't care. Big whoop. Credit bureaus had a job to do. They failed. Why are you defending them so much?

Last edited:
Checking account, savings accounts, brokerage accounts, trust accounts, DRIP plans, etc on the asset side, then there is security - depending on the business or even government you work for, or business you own, lastly there general mayhem and other crimes done in your name.

Not sure that is true. They probably still have some information and regardless they ****ed better not be cavalier with it.

Maybe you don't care. Big whoop. Credit bureaus had a job to do. They failed. Why are you defending them so much?

Got to love your choice of words "probably" (meaningless)

Why I am defending who? Certainly not you.
You backed up Terry's statement that he does not care about people taking fraudulent loans out in his name.

You both made a statement and I asked a simple question which you can not answer so you turn this conversation into nothing but nonsense. You backed up Terry's statement that he does not care about people taking fraudulent loans out in his name
You can not answer my question because you do not have an answer.

If anyone wished to protect themselves from credit fraud, they can simply lock their credit for free, yet for some reason, you both think this is a stupid idea. I went on to say, only 20% of Americans secure their credit, then of course the other whine when something happens.

Start living in the real world people, things get hacked, the Federal Government gets hacked, but what's even more telling, is everyones information is on the internet, I can take ANYONEs name and location, within 10 minutes tell them every place they ever lived, the names of their siblings and parents and where they live, and their birthdates without hacking anything.

So I again ask, why do you care if you are not concerned about fraud?

Last edited:
You called me out by name. I answered your question. " please tell me what they will do with your SS#, name, address, ect " I listed some things besides taking out a loan. If want to ignore that or play word games, fine.

You called me out by name. I answered your question. " please tell me what they will do with your SS#, name, address, ect " I listed some things besides taking out a loan. If want to ignore that or play word games, fine.
No you haven't listed anything.
I dont waste time of word games. I just asked why someone is not concerned with credit fraud/having loans taken out in their name. Still waiting for an answer, as you discounted my solution of locking your credit so no one can create fraud and take out loans in your name.

No you haven't listed anything.
I dont waste time of word games. I just asked why someone is not concerned with credit fraud/having loans taken out in their name. Still waiting for an answer, as you discounted my solution of locking your credit so no one can create fraud and take out loans in your name.
You wrote " please tell me what they will do with your SS#, name, address, ect " I answered.

The subject is not effectiveness of credit locks. And I did not discount your solution regarding "loans in your name" The subject or at least I thought:
" please tell me what they will do with your SS#, name, address, ect "

IOW Identity Theft - what can crooks do beyond loans if they steal your ID and all the data credit bureaus have on you? I say they can do substantial damage to your reputation and relationships. You don't seem to acknowledge this. Not sure why.

Got to love your choice of words "probably" (meaningless)

Why I am defending who? Certainly not you.
You backed up Terry's statement that he does not care about people taking fraudulent loans out in his name.

You both made a statement and I asked a simple question which you can not answer so you turn this conversation into nothing but nonsense. You backed up Terry's statement that he does not care about people taking fraudulent loans out in his name
You can not answer my question because you do not have an answer.

I said I wasn't worried about a loan taken out it my name, not that I didn't care. I'm not worried because my bureau is locked.

If anyone wished to protect themselves from credit fraud, they can simply lock their credit for free, yet for some reason, you both think this is a stupid idea.

I did not say it was stupid, I said mine have been locked for many years.

I went on to say, only 20% of Americans secure their credit, then of course the other whine when something happens.

Start living in the real world people, things get hacked, the Federal Government gets hacked, but what's even more telling, is everyones information is on the internet, I can take ANYONEs name and location, within 10 minutes tell them every place they ever lived, the names of their siblings and parents and where they live, and their birthdates without hacking anything.

So I again ask, why do you care if you are not concerned about fraud?
I said I wasn't worried about a loan taken out it my name, not that I didn't care. I'm not worried because my bureau is locked.

You are name calling and behaving like a troll.
Do a DuckDuckGo search for identity theft.

You are name calling and behaving like a troll.
Do a DuckDuckGo search for identity theft.
I don’t recall you saying your credit was locked for many years. If you carefully read through these posts I never did any name-calling and I never do. The primary problem with identity theft is loans being taken out in your name and a credit lock will solve the vast majority of the issues.
most all foreign governments have stolen the identity and Social Security numbers of the vast majority of Americans already. It’s not just the credit bureaus. It’s everything, hospitals doctors state and federal governments. All these agencies have breaches and why I was promoting people to lock their credit. Once the loan is taken out in your name you have to prove it wasn’t you and with a Credit lock as you know, that will save the majority of headaches.
Peace

Back