Volvo Penta DTC

My 2011 Volvo Penta DPS-OXI is giving me a DTC with a SPN=713 - Water in drive oil or input short to voltage. FMI=3 - voltage high.

This drive was completely rebuilt last fall and has not been in the water until this week where it was put in the water and started up.

It was started on a work rack using muffs and I did not see the DTC until it went in the water.

Could something have been left unconnected when the drive was reinstalled?

The Diacom scanner worked great to pull the DTC.

You would have to look at the wiring . a wiring diagram and or a schematic would be nice when you trouble shoot. a manual for the test values.

You would have to look at the wiring . a wiring diagram and or a schematic would be nice when you trouble shoot. a manual for the test values.
The Diacom software seems to have complete service manuals for the Volvo Penta. But for some reason I cannot click on the links to bring me beyond the Volvo Penta main page. It's one large PDF. Need to figure that out.

Ok, so I have done some more reading on the Ocean X option that my Volvo Penta I/O has. It monitors drive oil quality, low drive oil and water in the bellows.

It looks like the DOQ (drive oil quality) needs to be reset after changing the drive gear oil. Otherwise incorrect codes can be set.

The company that rebuilt the drive suggested condensation might be a reason. But the sensor is at the top of the outdrive and water would at the bottom.

Back