Volkswagen CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this topic came up before... I couldn't find much in the archives.

CC is built on the Passat platform, slightly longer/wider with more upscale amenities. We were at the dealer last weekend picking up some parts for the g/f's car and sat one of those. I must say, it makes a really good impression. I could definitely get used to this interior. The seats and driving position were excellent. Exterior looks great too. Pictures don't do it justice. I like it much better than the standard Passat.

Not planning to buy one anytime soon, but was just wondering what others thought about it. Also, where is this thing assembled?

My only gripe so far is that they made it a 4-seater. They traded the 5th (middle) seat for some extra cupholders for the rear passengers. Whoopie!

VW haters need not respond.
LOL.gif

http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-cc.html

volkswagen_passat_cc_front.jpg

vw-passat-cc-3-11.jpg

volkswagen_passat_cc.jpg

I like the exterior styling. I would buy it if it costs only few thousands dollars more than Passat.

How many times did you see a car carries 5 people ? How many times did you have 4 passengers in your car ? Very rarely I ever had 4 passengers in my car, so that 4-seater is okay to me.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
It looks sort of like a Mercedes something-or-other. I like it OK, but it doesn't EXCITE me.

It's a cool looking design inspired by the MB CLS. From what I've read, the vehicle is lacking power in its class.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I like the exterior styling. I would buy it if it costs only few thousands dollars more than Passat.

$2,800 price difference between the base models, assuming the 2.0T engine in both. The CC has more standard equipment though.

Quote:

How many times did you see a car carries 5 people ? How many times did you have 4 passengers in your car ? Very rarely I ever had 4 passengers in my car, so that 4-seater is okay to me.

I suppose it's not a big deal.

Oh yeah, and I wish the front overhang wasn't as much as it is. The wheelbase is actually pretty short for a car of this size, alas there's only so much you can do with a FWD design. At least the turning radius is pretty good as a result.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
That car looks nice, but how much does it cost ?

If its an expensive VW, you might as well just buy a BMW.

MSRP on the base CC Sport is $26,790.

MSRP on the base 5-series BMW is $45,500.

BTW, this wouldn't be for me. My g/f was just thinking what her next car might be...

I think they were shooting for a poor man's CLS-lookalike, as the other poster mentioned. But you're right, the headlights do look like that BMW.

Mercedes-CLS-350-hinten_high.jpg
volkswagen_passat_cc.jpg

We saw one of these when we took delivery of our JSW. It looks a lot like a MB from the side.

But honestly, I don't think the thing generated too much excitement at the dealer (at least not ours). Seems most VW owners tend to drool over the Rabbits, GTIs, TDIs and the smaller vehicles more. I wish them luck with it. But folks wanting that much car usually move upscale from a VW. Remember the Phaeton?

The problem with Phaeton was the price. They really hit Audi A8 territory with it and hence failed. Surely, the CC will not be a huge seller either, but if I was to get a Passat, I think I wouldn't mind spending the extra $3k and getting the CC instead because I think it looks better.

I was following some VWvortex threads recently, and was surprised to find how many of the GTI guys were trading up to the CC. This car may be popular among the faithful VW owners (as few as they may be) who want to move up to something bigger.

With the larger V6 engine, the CC is in direct competition with G37, and here the G37 wins based on statistical reliability. But with the smaller I4 engine, the CC is on the same price level as Mazda6/Accord/Camry/Maxima. I'm curious to see some comparison tests...

This car looked a lot bigger than the Passats, at least in person.

Now when we were there recently, the price of fuel was still stiff, and everyone was throwing themselves at the new TDIs.

But who knows? Maybe it draws over some borderline Audi customers looking for a bargain.

It looks nice enough, just kind of generic.

Is it just me, or are luxury cars starting to look increasingly like each other? In the 1980s and 1990s each luxury brand had its own unique look. Now they all seem to be homogeneous blobs.

Based upon the replies in this thread I am probably the Passat CC's biggest BITOG fan. I simply LOVE the looks of this car. I love the 2.0 liter turbo engine also,, and I LOVE the fact that it comes with a 6-speed manual transmission.

I am a former Golf owner and at 45 years old I am ready to buy something bigger. The back seats fold down to allow access to the trunk which gives great utility also. Two hundred horsepower is more than adequate for this car. I know for a fact that the previous 1.8T Passat would walk away and leave my 2.5 liter 6-cylinder BMW at a stoplight so I can only expect even better performance from the 2.0T.

I am also a previous TDI owner. I compare fuel economy on everything from my grass blower to my pickup truck. The Passat CC was rated at 31 MPG hwy while the TDI Jetta was rated at 41 MPG hwy. These numbers are embarassing when compared to my former Golf which was rated at 49 MPG hwy but at the current price for fuel and other maintenance items I think the 31 MPG gasoline engine would be a contender in the comparison with the TDI. I just don't know if I can go back to a gasoline engine after 10 years of that incredible low end torque and smooth power deliver of the diesel.

But back on topic.. I THINK THE PASSAT IS "WUNDERBAR",,
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: FowVay
I just don't know if I can go back to a gasoline engine after 10 years of that incredible low end torque and smooth power deliver of the diesel.

Well, the 2.0T should have decent low end torque as well (could be further supplemented by a mild chip). Maybe not exactly as low as a TDI, but shouldn't be too far off. That 2.0T also seems to run out of steam relatively early into the rpm range - should remind you of your TDI as well. :)

1999 VW Golf diesel (Killed in action-12/17/08)

Whoa! What happened? What did I miss?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
1999 VW Golf diesel (Killed in action-12/17/08)

Whoa! What happened? What did I miss?

Yes, do tell.

Well, I was driving to work last Wednesday like I have for the past 18 years. I pulled up to a row of traffic that was stopped at a traffic light. I just had the misfortune to be the last stopped vehicle in a long line of waiting cars.

In the blink of a eye a Toyota Avalon slammed into the rear of my car at what I believe to be in excess of 50 MPH. The speed limit on the road was 45 and the police report was written up at that speed but I know from experience that NOBODY travels 45 MPH on this roadway.

So my vehicle was sitting still and rear-ended. The force pushed my car into the vehicle that was sitting in front of me. This force was great enough to push that vehicle (toyota RAV4) into the vehicle in front of it. It was a 4-car crash.

I am very thankful that I'm alive and not paralyzed or some other such unimaginable condition.

My little TDI Golf would have been in my possession 10 years come March 13. We traveled 221,000 wonderful miles together and it never once let me down. I had just changed my oil last week using Elf Excellium DID 5W-40 and a Mahle filter.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back