Vogue Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad had a collection of glass ashtrays with rubber surrounds that looked like tiny tires...I loved to play with those things and am amazed that I never broke any of the glass. I know that one was Goodyear, but my favorite had a white tire and a company name that I had never heard of, Vogue Tyre. The non-American spelling of tire made me think this must be a British company.
This popped into my head out of the blue recently and I was amazed to find that this was/is a Chicago company! Looks like they still produce a line of "custom" tyres, but nothing in the OEM size for my Subaru. No white tyres, but they do have whitewalls and ones with white and gold rings.

Has anybody ever had Vogue tyres on any of their vehicles? Does a tyre make your car perform better than a tire?
;^)

Ashtrays are long gone, BTW...my sister sold basically everything in our childhood home (except for her stuff) before she lost it to foreclosure. She's long gone now, too.

Their tyres with the Gold/Whitewalls were a big thing in the 80's and 90's. Cadillac dealers used to get $1000 for a set on a brand new car. I recently had a set on my Lesabre.

Yeah, it can be sad.
When a "childhood home" is vacated, the child or children should take their stuff with them or securely store it off-site.
My sibling as well as our mother with whom she lived had no idea what became of my magazine collection.
REAL WORLD ANSWER: MY fault.

I have Vouge signature V black tires on my beater. Extremely happy with them. Bought them from discount tire direct eBay sale. Caught my eye because my dad had there famous white walls on his Cadillac

Originally Posted By: Kira
Yeah, it can be sad.
When a "childhood home" is vacated, the child or children should take their stuff with them or securely store it off-site.
My sibling as well as our mother with whom she lived had no idea what became of my magazine collection.
REAL WORLD ANSWER: MY fault.

I hear you, while he was alive my dad was always bugging me to get all my stuff out of his house and I never took all of it. I don't think he ever gave the ashtrays to either one of us and I wouldn't be surprised if he just threw them away as "junk" at some point.
I'm pretty sure that my sister just threw away the German and Italian daggers and bayonets that my dad brought back from WWII to make room for her stuff, but it's possible she sold them...anything that was not in her very specific range of interests had no value at all to her and she couldn't comprehend very well that other people would pay good money for such things. When she got truly financially desperate, she sold just about anything from the house for a few bucks as far as I could tell...my dad kept our grandfather's carpentry tools in a beautiful wooden box that grandpa made himself and my sister first said she never saw it and then that she "loaned" them to a friend.
I knew the foreclosure was coming for some time, but had just found a job after a hard period of looking (2009 financial crisis scramble) and really didn't feel like I had the time to take to go back home and sweep the house clean of my things and personal info. Probably a mistake and I have kept my credit frozen since then as I am very worried that my vital info could have fallen into the wrong hands.

Originally Posted By: Milkman
Their tyres with the Gold/Whitewalls were a big thing in the 80's and 90's. Cadillac dealers used to get $1000 for a set on a brand new car. I recently had a set on my Lesabre.

My dad bought an 86 dark green/teal Buick Riviera that had the dealer installed Vogues. Looked good with the wire wheel covers. It was the owner's demo so it had 3000 miles or so. I think it was $28k back then.

Was just looking at a used Lincoln with a nice new set of Vogue's. Cool tyres
laugh.gif

As a moderator on another site I was offered a set of free Vogues in exchange for a review of the tires. This was for the Signature V's I believe they were called. But the smallest tire they offered was a 17" tire. Here is a link to someone else that took them up on the offer:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/6-wheels-tires/101681-vogue-signature-v-tire-review.html

I did reply back a few days later saying yes since I could get a good deal on some 17" wheels. But they were only offering one set amongst all the mods.

I put a set of 17" Vogue tires on my niece's 2013 Focus 2 summers ago, they were the best bargain at that time stacking a Vogue rebate with a DT rebate. They certainly exceeded the speed rating she needed ("W" speed rated) but what the hey. She's been extremely happy with them especially vs the factory tires and hasn't reported any problems with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back