Vintage VW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the money shot. I have a polished G60 valve cover at the powdercoaters now.
 -

quote:

Originally posted by robbobster:
Fantastic.

My parent's neighbor had one a while back, made it look just like a period-correct GTI only with a bed.

I didn't know those old diesels were turbos. Perhaps it was offered in Canada, but not the US...?

You should think about putting a sticker on it:
50mpg and NOT A HYBRID
cheers.gif

(Sorry, I live in CA and my co-woker with a Prius is killing me with his "I'm saving the world" cr@p)

I saw an episode about these Prius owners on "South Park" in which they get so smug they smell their own farts and move to San Fransisco, lol.

http://www.southparkx.net/episodes/1002-smug-alert

quote:

Originally posted by D Stewart:
Yeah, it's not really a restoration...it's better than new. It's got a turbodiesel and 5-speed from a Jetta (they only came with non-turbo and 4-speed) and a Jetta/GTI interior with all the gauges, intermittent wipers, etc., etc., etc..

Smart move on the swap. We had one with the stock diesel and 4 speed at a m/c dealership where I worked. It was roughly the same performance level as the '60 VW I had. It might show you 60 mph flat out with no wind. It always felt like you were driving it uphill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back