Vintage Mobil 1 can

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a can of Mobil 1 5w-20 for Services SE-CC, date code M-87-Y can someone please help decipher this date code
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: BR549
I have a can of Mobil 1 5w-20 for Services SE-CC, date code M-87-Y can someone please help decipher this date code
laugh.gif

Speaking of which, anyone know what order the month and years go on the bottom of a pennzoil ultra 1 quart plastic bottle? Mine has 11xx15 and can't figure out if the year made was 2015 or 2011.

Last edited:
Ohhh ok, I did PM Mobil 1..... They keep asking what vehicle I'm going to use it in??? I told them all I need is the date deciphered.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
1971-1979 is SE.

But dont let that possibly fool you, since we know HM is SL and that spec is long gone.

good distinction. so should the M1 HM 10-30 which is SL right, should it not be as elite despite the high HT/HS? When does that become more important than other variables?

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
1971-1979 is SE.

But dont let that possibly fool you, since we know HM is SL and that spec is long gone.

But there were no HM oils before what?? mid '80s? In '70s was no reason to use a obsolete oil spec, especially by a major player... Truth be it known that oil could probably pass SF or even SG/later specs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back