VIDEO: SHO vs. SHO on The Tonight Show with Conan

Status
Not open for further replies.
oldshonewsho_opt.jpg

Video in the link: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/30/taurus-sho-conan-obrien-the-tonight-show/#continued

She is a product planner, not a television and film entertainer.

According to her profile on LinkedIn, she has a MSE in Industrial Engineering and a BSAE in Aerospace Engineering. That probably makes her better educated than 99% of the people here.

Maybe you should cut her a little slack. I thought she did a terrific job, even threw it back in Conan's face while he tried to unhinge her.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Maybe you should cut her a little slack. I thought she did a terrific job, even threw it back in Conan's face while he tried to unhinge her.

Yeah, I could imagine how one could get quickly uncomfortable/spooked in Conan's presence. She did OK, considering she does not do TV shows for living.

According to her profile on LinkedIn, she has a MSE in Industrial Engineering and a BSAE in Aerospace Engineering. That probably makes her better educated than 99% of the people here.

99% of the people on here? Well, that's insulting. I know smart and talented people from all sorts of educational background.

Originally Posted By: Popinski

99% of the people on here? Well, that's insulting. I know smart and talented people from all sorts of educational background.

Yeah, because you calling her a robot was so respectful and generous.

Her educational background is impressive. Feeling a little threatened by a smart, well educated, successful woman?

yeah she put up with Conan good

good to see the 92 SHO on TV again, I drive a silver 93......

I don't like the new SHO, its huge, heavy, and automatic only... and it is ugly too

I found it funny conan trashed it and said he wasn't sold on it right in front of the Ford lady on national TV... then he whent on about his REAL SHO..... I don't quite yet know what to call the thing they are making for 2010....

heres mine, has a 3.2L yamaha v6
5 speed manual transmission
exhaust mods, upgraded clutch/light flywheel, suspension mods, 17" wheels, and larger brakes up front

164,000 miles of running hard, most people's cars this old with this kind of mileage goto junkyards by now, but not a SHO.... its just starting its racing career...... theres a guy who road races his with 400,000 miles! I doubt the new SHO's will have people like that in years to come......

CIMG1853.jpg

Originally Posted By: Popinski

Yeah, because you calling her a robot was so respectful and generous.

Her educational background is impressive. Feeling a little threatened by a smart, well educated, successful woman?

Oh that's funny, I thought I was only criticizing her acting, regardless of her sex and background.

Originally Posted By: 38sho
I don't like the new SHO, its huge, heavy, and automatic only... and it is ugly too

Ugly is opinion, I think it's the best looking sub $40K full size sedan by a LONG shot. I also think it's the best looking FWD sedan outside of a premium brand by a long shot as well.

It might be big and heavy, but it'll burn any previous SHO in a bad way, and it's a [censored] of a lot nicer.

They take to tunes pretty well too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmALfffgEas

New SHO
frown.gif

No manual transmission. Boring....

Conan actually drives a stick in his 93 SHO :)

Originally Posted By: rjundi
New SHO
frown.gif

No stick in most modern cars, unfortunately. The deal killer for me is front drive. Fine for grocery-getting, but not for performance.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
New SHO
frown.gif

No stick in most modern cars, unfortunately. The deal killer for me is front drive. Fine for grocery-getting, but not for performance.

It's not FWD, it's AWD with a rear bias.

New SHO
frown.gif

No stick in most modern cars, unfortunately.

Actually performance oriented/marketed vehicles typically do have a manual transmission option.

New SHO
frown.gif

No stick in most modern cars, unfortunately.

Actually performance oriented/marketed vehicles typically do have a manual transmission option.

Sport coupes and European brands, yes (Challenger, Camaro, Mustang, BMW, Benz etc.) Sub- 40k 4-door sedans with that kind of horsepower... not so much. Usually automatics (Charger R/T, 300C , Impala SS, etc.)

I'm a big stick fan, but the truth is that its going to get harder and harder to sell stick cars with increasingly tight emissions and CAFE standards. Yes, a modern automatic will usually turn in higher EPA numbers than a stick, because the PCM can optimize more engine parameters since it simultaneously controls the transmission. Same, even more so, for emissions.

Not to mention that hybrid drivetrains rule out a stick except for very simplistic implementations.

As for it being AWD with rear bias... didn't know that it was only offered in that configuration. It goes up a half-notch in my book. But its still based on a FWD platform with the engine installed sideways instead of the right way. I'd be drooling over a Ford Flex also if it were a rear-drive platform. Heck, I might still consider it unless something better comes along when its time for the next car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back