Vehicle transport sought; question about timing

I am using a broker to locate a enclosed transporter for a car needing to go from Colorado to Florida. How long does it take these guys to find a driver? I only ask because I thought it was something that could be accomplished in a day or so? Don't want to be pushy

I am using a broker to locate a enclosed transporter for a car needing to go from Colorado to Florida. How long does it take these guys to find a driver? I only ask because I thought it was something that could be accomplished in a day or so? Don't want to be pushy
All auto brokers are 100 percent liars. Will say anything and everything to get your credit card, which I am sure your broker now has. Next he will tell you because of the holidays, shortage of drivers and you have to pay more.

Sorry to post this- but you need to know the truth.

All auto brokers are 100 percent liars. Will say anything and everything to get your credit card, which I am sure your broker now has. Next he will tell you because of the holidays, shortage of drivers and you have to pay more.

Sorry to post this- but you need to know the truth.
Broker does not have my card and gets no money (deposit) until transport is booked.

Broker does not have my card and gets no money (deposit) until transport is booked.
That is great to hear! Congratulations on your savviness.

Your vehicle is listed more than likely on Central Dispatch. The Broker essentially placed a advertisement to find a driver with space. You didn't mention if you want enclosed or open transport. And where in Colorado. Denver is ten times easier to find a driver than a place like Durango.

Since you don't have a binding contract with the Broker, consider Uship as a supplemental method to find a driver. 95 percent of the quotes you get on Uship will be from brokers, but five percent will be from owner/ operators.

That is great to hear! Congratulations on your savviness.

Your vehicle is listed more than likely on Central Dispatch. The Broker essentially placed a advertisement to find a driver with space. You didn't mention if you want enclosed or open transport. And where in Colorado. Denver is ten times easier to find a driver than a place like Durango.

Since you don't have a binding contract with the Broker, consider Uship as a supplemental method to find a driver. 95 percent of the quotes you get on Uship will be from brokers, but five percent will be from owner/ operators.
Colorado Springs CO to Central Florida, enclosed trailer

Speculation is the enclosed trailer is the challenge; not in finding a driver with space. COS to Florida should not be a hard find, with two major military basis and all the corporate relocations to COS/ DEN area. Vast majority of auto transport is via open trailer.

Might be worth posting your vehicle in Uship- especially as enclosed transport is required.

What is the destination city in Florida? Eustis FL by chance/ 2015 Chevrolet? Or Deland FL, 2023 BMW? Or 2024 Rolls Royce to FT Lauderdale?

If your shipment is the 2015 Chevrolet to Eustis, FL, the broker misspelled Chevrolet in his advertisement and didn't list the model Chevrolet in his advertisement to find a driver. Finally, the Broker on the Chevrolet to Eustis is offering .58 cents per mile for enclosed transport to the driver. .58 per mile is very, very low offer for enclosed transport.

Last edited:
Interesting, I have a similar situation trying to transport a car from Arizona to Ohio. Working with Reliable Carriers currently on getting a quote. Was surprised that guaranteeing a pickup date isn't so simple.

What is the destination city in Florida? Eustis FL by chance/ 2015 Chevrolet? Or Deland FL, 2023 BMW? Or 2024 Rolls Royce to FT Lauderdale?

If your shipment is the 2015 Chevrolet to Eustis, FL, the broker misspelled Chevrolet in his advertisement and didn't list the model Chevrolet in his advertisement to find a driver. Finally, the Broker on the Chevrolet to Eustis is offering .58 cents per mile for enclosed transport to the driver. .58 per mile is very, very low offer for enclosed transport.
2015 to Eustis Fl.

This is what the Broker's offer is to drivers to transport your SS. This is for an enclosed transport. I would think the rate should be well over $2 per mile, but maybe he thinks there is a truck out there heading to Florida with empty space. I suggest you look at multiple options- at what he is offering it could be very tough to find a driver:

$1,050
1798 mi @ $0.58 / mi
Cash / Certified
Vehicle Info
2015 Cheverolet Ss

This is what the Broker's offer is to drivers to transport your SS. This is for an enclosed transport. I would think the rate should be well over $2 per mile, but maybe he thinks there is a truck out there heading to Florida with empty space. I suggest you look at multiple options- at what he is offering it could be very tough to find a driver:

$1,050
1798 mi @ $0.58 / mi
Cash / Certified
Vehicle Info
2015 Cheverolet Ss
Got locked in today at $1500. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: GON
In the matter of a transport company is it customary to tip the driver of the truck when paying cash?

It may take a while to find a driver willing to haul for what they are offering. They will keep raising the rate till someone bites. The guy hauling your prized possession took the lower bid.

It may take a while to find a driver willing to haul for what they are offering. They will keep raising the rate till someone bites. The guy hauling your prized possession took the lower bid.
Car being delivered today for $1500 and in the end I did not use the lowest bidder.

I'd call up a couple of your local dealerships and ask who they partner with. They need reliable and consistent transportation for their millions of dollars in assets. Flaky companies don't last. There is a point-to-point company that transports expensive classics and exotic cars. Might be worth the the money. I'm in northern Colorado

Back