Vehicle Review after first 1k miles (2022 IONIQ hybrid Limited)

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Fit and Finish:
Highly impressed. Panel gaps are even and narrow. No rattles over bumps or on rough roads. The interior is solidly put together with no play in center armrest/console area or seat creaks.

Materials:
Dash is soft with interesting texture on passenger side and the driver side instrument cluster wrapped in leather. The 10-inch screen is solid and works wonderfully quick to inputs. It does have a volume knobe but rest of the infotainment screen touchscreen. We'll see how long this is trouble free. The doors are a mix of soft/hard plastics that are pleasant looking but nothing special. The leather seats have the warming function and are comfortable enough for long trips but I have experienced softer leather. Up to four 6-footers should fit comfortably.

Lighting:
Every light on the vehicle from dome to headlights and turn-signal is LED. Night time illumination is excellent. Dash lights are very bright but you can dim easily.

Safety Features:
It has the full assortment...
Lane keep assist
Front collision assist
Semi-autonomous steering for 45 sec
Automatic headlights
Blind spot warning
Adaptive cruise

Driving dynamics:
Surprisingly sporty. It comes with 225/45R17 MICHELIN® Primacy™ MXM4 tires which may lend to this attribute. The body doesn't roll in corners and there is some feedback in the steering. The ride is smooth, comfortable, quiet and compliant. An overall solid feel.

Drivetrain/efficiency:
139 hp & 195 ft/lbs torque
Two fill-ups thus far of the 11.9 gallon capacity fuel tank.
So far in 90% city driving I'm averaging 50.7 mpg. The driving style is displayed on the infotainment screen as 75% eco / 20% normal / 5% aggressive.
The transition from EV to dual drive is seemless most of the time. But on occasion, when cold, the 1.6L can be heard coming to life. To this point, I haven't felt the transition.
Acceleration is very smooth and linear. It feels like a small displacement supercharged engine. From literature, the 0-60 ranges from 7.6 to 8.4. I can tell you it feels faster than that thanks to the surge of the Lithium Ion Battery Pack. But this may just be the new-to-me sensation of a hybrid.

Overall:
Very happy with the purchase. I really love this thing.

Good write up. Was this car assembled in South Korea or Malaysia?

Sounds like you have a keeper and a good choice as fuel prices will continue to go up.

Good write up. Was this car assembled in South Korea or Malaysia?

Sounds like you have a keeper and a good choice as fuel prices will continue to go up.

Thanks!
It's assembled in Uslan, South Korea.

My main issue with the Ioniq is that the limited only gives heated seats. No heated steering wheel or cooled seats like the Niro touring gets. Also I would really want the base "Blue" trim for the extra mpg but it doesn't offer XM radio and I've come to really like it. Until they add it at a base level the corolla will be my first hybrid.

My main issue with the Ioniq is that the limited only gives heated seats. No heated steering wheel or cooled seats like the Niro touring gets. Also I would really want the base "Blue" trim for the extra mpg but it doesn't offer XM radio and I've come to really like it. Until they add it at a base level the corolla will be my first hybrid.
Really? Even my '16 Sonata Hybrid Limited came with heated and cooled seats.

Wemay can confirm for sure, but it was the case last time I checked. Hyundai and Kia do this elsewhere too. Elantra limited gets only heated seats. Kia Forte gets heated and cooled. The Elantra has radar cruise while the Forte doesn't.

just seen one locally + had to look closer to see what it was. sounds good + wish you continued reliability, + i assume typical 100 thou warranty from hyundai - kia. girlfriend pleased with her preowned 18 optima 2.4 so far, replacing her oil drinkin 13 2.5 malibu with only 60 thou on it!!

Back