Valvoline V0-64 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a friends 2017 Ram 2500 quad cab long bed pickup with 6.7 turbo diesel engine. Filter and Valvoline all fleet 10w30 in and on for 8,000 miles. Put in some Rotella convemtional 10w30 and a STP S 3976 filter he supplied.

Holy soot Batman! Looks like a great engine to do a before/after particle count with a Stratopore filter!
smile.gif

Good to see you cutting again, car51!

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Holy soot Batman! Looks like a great engine to do a before/after particle count with a Stratopore filter!
smile.gif

Good to see you cutting again, car51!

Thanks
smile.gif

Friend drives the truck hard by the way, already has over 60k on it.

I have 16k on my tough guard 4386 filter; maybe I'll remove it and see what the magnets did
smile.gif

The VO filters i believe are made in china or

STP filters are champ labs made

Center tube pic

I burned the filter up with some dead cherry wood in my homemade fire pit

GAWD, that soot!

Thanks for the C&P.

P.S:Car51, I have one M1-110 from recently acquired motorcycle. Have you ever cut it or want it?
smile.gif

I dont think I've cut one of those. What else does filter fit?

I'd be glad to cut it

Pm me if you're interested

Thank you

That center tube looks like GARBAGE! Hopefully your friend never decides to run that brand/make filter again.

Took off an XG3593A today off the Odyssey, and for the first time ever in my life, the gasket stuck to the filter mount. It was a perfect teaching opportunity for my 10-year-old son to learn the importance of checking everything instead of blindly going thru the motions.

In went one-twelfth of the Delo XLE I've purchased, and one of the FULL brand M-Pleat filters I got from Hootbro. It's only three miles, but the Delo is definitely quieter than the Harvest King 5W30 D1G2 that was in the sump for 5k, nearly all of the valvetrain noises are soft and cushioned now.

That center tube looks like GARBAGE! Hopefully your friend never decides to run that brand/make filter again.

Took off an XG3593A today off the Odyssey, and for the first time ever in my life, the gasket stuck to the filter mount. It was a perfect teaching opportunity for my 10-year-old son to learn the importance of checking everything instead of blindly going thru the motions.

In went one-twelfth of the Delo XLE I've purchased, and one of the FULL brand M-Pleat filters I got from Hootbro. It's only three miles, but the Delo is definitely quieter than the Harvest King 5W30 D1G2 that was in the sump for 5k, nearly all of the valvetrain noises are soft and cushioned now.

I have had 3 gaskets stick in recent years … all of them an XG … have 10 pounds of cat litter ready if you ever miss it when that happens …
Just a couple months ago an XG10575 took lots of wrench strokes to remove from Tahoe even though it was hand tight and a very short run … reason was a stuck gasket

Last edited:

I hope you know i said i burned the filter in a fire hence the blackened center tube look. No louvers so I'm happy.

Anyone here toyed with using either anti-seize compound or gun grease on gaskets, instead of oil? I have and it works good, for I always use a wrench and give my filters an extra 1/4 turn after hand-tightening.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Anyone here toyed with using either anti-seize compound or gun grease on gaskets, instead of oil? I have and it works good, for I always use a wrench and give my filters an extra 1/4 turn after hand-tightening.

I’m ready … the other time for an XG issue is my remote transmission filter. Have a Magnefine and it has a dual gasket at the Derale seal face. A Wix XP breaks where it should … but the XG16 backs off both and now you have a 3/4” thick part to wrestle off of an oily filter … maybe this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back