valvoline synpower 0w-40 and 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys.
Does any one at this forum using any of above engine oils? any product data sheet available?

Gday.
I think there are now available in Australia.I saw on a magz.. today.As well as in the Valvoline Oz..website.

0w40 is available down here. I haven't seen the 5w40 or 0w30. It's all Group 3 stuff. Not bad for the money, but Valvoline's additive package seems to cop a hammering around here.

quote:

Originally posted by Toyota18:
is this available in USA?

Based on the selection I see on Valvoline's site, it doesn't look like they sell either 0w-40 or 0w-30 in the U.S.

Here's what they sell:

5W-30
5W-40
10W-30
20W-50

quote:

: Will Valvoline have a 0W/30 in the future?
A: Valvoline is doing some preliminary testing of 0W/30 in the United States. But there is no need for this viscosity motor oil even in coldest climate in Australia. The XLD LO-VIS 5W/30 viscosity oil can handle all temperature ranges anywhere in Australia. Another consideration is cost. A 0W/30 requires a Synthetic base stock or ultra high viscosity index improvers both of which would but the oil at an extremely high cost.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:

quote:

: Will Valvoline have a 0W/30 in the future?
A: Valvoline is doing some preliminary testing of 0W/30 in the United States. But there is no need for this viscosity motor oil even in coldest climate in Australia. The XLD LO-VIS 5W/30 viscosity oil can handle all temperature ranges anywhere in Australia. Another consideration is cost. A 0W/30 requires a Synthetic base stock or ultra high viscosity index improvers both of which would but the oil at an extremely high cost.

In other words, those 0w30's and 0w40's are going to cut into profit margins becuase they are going to have to use a base oil with a naturally high VI. On top of that the American public is ignorant on the fact that this means the oil is of a better quality.

quote:

In other words, those 0w30's and 0w40's are going to cut into profit margins becuase they are going to have to use a base oil with a naturally high VI. On top of that the American public is ignorant on the fact that this means the oil is of a better quality.

EXACTLY. Valvoline is nothing special at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back