Valvoline Restore & Protect 5w-30 - Virgin UOA

I noticed this on the R&P site:

1714063809999.jpg

From what I understand they're tweaking the detergent/dispersant mix. Doesn't appear to be anything revolutionary.

Wish we knew more about it.

I noticed this on the R&P site:

View attachment 216016

From what I understand they're tweaking the detergent/dispersant mix. Doesn't appear to be anything revolutionary.

Wish we knew more about it.
They are not specifically calling out which of their HM products since they have both the 75k & 150k versions. The cleaning aspect probably from better base oil in the Restore & Protect. I only compare 150k HM vs R & P add packs. Both the VOA backs that up. Not sure what the add pack is on the 75k HM.

They are not specifically calling out which of their HM products since they have both the 75k & 150k versions. The cleaning aspect probably from better base oil in the Restore & Protect. I only compare 150k HM vs R & P add packs. Both the VOA backs that up. Not sure what the add pack is on the 75k HM.
I think the cleaning is coming from the tweaking on the additive side somehow. Just a guess.

Even with their Modern Engine, they never elaborated as to how that oil could mitigate intake valve deposits. Was more of a "we made it, trust us". That's probably fine for most people but not us on BITOG lol.

Yeah I get tired of the "it's all marketing". When you sell a product you have to market it. What needs to be considered is if the marketing is legitimate in terms of the claims made and if so, how.......
Yeah, it’s like saying the oil formulators, the harmonizing agencies, and the OEM’s have stood still in time - but marketing marches on …
LoL …

Even if the numbers are identical, you cannot make this type of deduction based on a VOA. You can say "they appear to be similar" but statements like that are a bit on the naive side.
Would you be happier if he said "The additive packages as portrayed on their VOAs are nearly identical"? It seems as if you are splitting hairs and not honoring the spirit of his statement.

Back