Valvoline Offerings one Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen Valvoline Modern Engine synthetic oil in Canada. And for the last several months the only Valvoline synthetic offering I've seem is Full Synthetic with Maxlife technology. And arguably the largest oil retailer in the country, Canadian Tire, doesn't carry Valvoline at all.

The person responding to inquiries at Valvoline Canada's Facebook page indicated that their only synthetic offering in Canada is Full Synthetic with Maxlife Technology. Seems bizarre that they don't offer their regular Full Synthetic (formerly SynPower) at all in Canada. At least the other majors seem to offer the majority of their product line, albeit at outrageous prices when not on sale.

I wonder if he brand will retreat from Canada completely?

Last edited:
Is any Valvoline still available at Partsource? It's been so long since I've checked out their offerings. I know they got rid of Havoline, but I used to get MaxLife from Partsource. I know that Valvoline was revamping their lineup, but I haven't checked Walmart Canada lately, either. Last time I looked, ordinary SynPower was available there, but that was before Full Synthetic with MaxLife Technology and before their Modern Engine Formula was announced, so that's ages ago.

Originally Posted by Uregina09
I have never seen Valvoline Modern Engine synthetic oil in Canada. And for the last several months the only Valvoline synthetic offering I've seem is Full Synthetic with Maxlife technology. And arguably the largest oil retailer in the country, Canadian Tire, doesn't carry Valvoline at all.

The person responding to inquiries at Valvoline Canada's Facebook page indicated that their only synthetic offering in Canada is Full Synthetic with Maxlife Technology. Seems bizarre that they don't offer their regular Full Synthetic (formerly SynPower) at all in Canada. At least the other majors seem to offer the majority of their product line, albeit at outrageous prices when not on sale.

I wonder if he brand will retreat from Canada completely?

I would say that with their recent acquisitions of Great Canadian Oil Change and Oil Changers they are working to grow their brand in Canada.

Good point. It is strange that their premium product offerings are not available at the retail level.

That is strange. I guess I know if I need MaxLife again that Partsource will be of no help. I may have to take a peek at Walmart and see what they've got lately. Of course, Walmart might skew the results, as it were, since they've cut so much out of their automotive section as it is and don't stock much oil, there could easily be no jugs available despite it being nominally offered.

I know Walmart Canada had the Maxlife on sale w/o Nov 15 for $19.88 for 5 liters. Don't recall seeing the ME version. No ME shown on the website as of now.

Though occasionally PartSource may have better sale prices on a particular brand of oil, I haven't seen any more or different offerings than at Canadian Tire, since they're one and the same company.

Incidentally, I ventured into a Canadian Tire yesterday for windshield washer and checked out the prices at the wall of oil. $17 and change for a one litre bottle of Mobil 1 0W40. The two parts guys behind the counter weren't even wearing white tie and tails.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
Though occasionally PartSource may have better sale prices on a particular brand of oil, I haven't seen any more or different offerings than at Canadian Tire, since they're one and the same company.

When I checked ages ago, around when I noticed Havoline disappearing, I noticed LM and Eneos there. Whether that's at all locations or still in effect, I'll never know.

Peter: I do have to give Canadian Tire credit for improving. Then again, it would have been hard to get worse.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back