Valvoline Modern Engine Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valvoline has a Modern Engine formulation which is supposed to reduce deposit buildup, in particular for GDI and turbo charged engines.

I noticed they also charge more for this than their regular Full Synthetic.
Does anyone know if Valvoline has additives that the other oils do not, and if there is any documentation of whether this oil is really more effective and reducing deposits?

Thanks.

Marketing, different formulation that produces less deposits, marketing, different base oil mix for higher temps, marketing, different formulation that cleans better, marketing.
shocked2.gif

Valvoline has done a terrible job at marketing this particular oil line IMO. The price is on par with other top tier syntehtics like M1 AP, yet Valvoline offers little information as to what makes this oil line unique. All of the top synthetics today will prevent deposit buildup and are good for GDI engines. Some have been for years. I don't know what is in Modern FS that would help reduce intake valve deposits more so than any other synthetic oil on the market at this time. I'm also disappointed in the higher NOACK these oils have comparted to their other synthetic oils such as Vavoline FS and ML.

NEVER EVER liked their syn 5w or 10w-30 in anything. The V1R syn 10-w30 is GOOD in the home generator.

love love LOVE the Synpower 0w20 in Subaru FB engine better than ANYTHING else tried. To bad my moron dealer from Exeter wont let me use it in the wife's crosstrek and keep their UNLIMITED Mileage engine warranty intact.

So marginal, watery Idemitsu is in there.

Last edited:
The fact that this oil is so poorly marketed makes it hard to differentiate why this would even demand a $15 premium over Advanced (Synpower) to the average customer with GDI/TGDI applications.

M1 AP has lost most of the shelf space it had at the auto parts stores and WalMarts near me even when there was a $10 price drop. I see this suffering the same fate when it's $40 a jug at WalMart and a bit more at the auto parts stores. If Valvoline is thinking a more specific variation on the M1 AP theme would make it more palatable, I think they've already lost.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Marketing, different formulation that produces less deposits, marketing, different base oil mix for higher temps, marketing, different formulation that cleans better, marketing.
shocked2.gif

Of course if their products were not marketed nobody would know about their products.

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
The fact that this oil is so poorly marketed makes it hard to differentiate why this would even demand a $15 premium over Advanced (Synpower) to the average customer with GDI/TGDI applications.

M1 AP has lost most of the shelf space it had at the auto parts stores and WalMarts near me even when there was a $10 price drop. I see this suffering the same fate when it's $40 a jug at WalMart and a bit more at the auto parts stores. If Valvoline is thinking a more specific variation on the M1 AP theme would make it more palatable, I think they've already lost.

I agree.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
shocked2.gif

Did they market it for 15k like Castrol and Mobil did?

Oil is like anything else in the marketplace. Everything is always new and improved, leading the consumer to spend more.

Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
NOACK is kinda meh

I'd stick w/ Mobil 1 or SOPUS

The Noack on the VAS 5w20 is 7.6 which is very good compared to the VME which is disappointing considering their target consumer audience.

Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Valvoline must be adding polyetheramine "PEA" into the blend

Can you explain why they would use that in motor oil or are you just spouting nonsense?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Valvoline must be adding polyetheramine "PEA" into the blend

Can you explain why they would use that in motor oil or are you just spouting nonsense?

He’s joking buddy.

PEA is a common fuel injector cleaner, so it's not nonsense just not factual information for Valvoline.

Here - **Maybe Valvoline is be adding polyetheramine "PEA" into the blend**

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I’m confused. Are we talking about oil or gasoline here? You don’t put PEA in oil, why would you?

Am I a censored ignorant too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back