Valvoline MaxLife ATF formula change?

I just did two drain and fills on my GMC Terrain with MaxLife ATF and the first thing I noticed with both gallons is that it no longer has that awful smell that MaxLIfe ATF is known for. Just wondering if anyone else here has noticed this? I checked the date stamp on the bottle and were both 2022.

No, I guess I could shoot them an email. But I really don't care much, I just found it interesting.

In the last two months, I’ve done 2 D&Fs on my Silverado with Maxlife a part of those 6qts. Never noticed an awful smell. Just smelled like ATF.

I just did two drain and fills on my GMC Terrain with MaxLife ATF and the first thing I noticed with both gallons is that it no longer has that awful smell that MaxLIfe ATF is known for. Just wondering if anyone else here has noticed this? I checked the date stamp on the bottle and were both 2022.
Maybe your sense of smell is not what it used to be? COVID did that to me.

lol maybe, I did have an extremely bad case of covid. Didn't have to go to the hospital but got close.

In the last two months, I’ve done 2 D&Fs on my Silverado with Maxlife a part of those 6qts. Never noticed an awful smell. Just smelled like ATF.

I agree...

Coming from CVT fluid that smells like cat urine soaked litter that sat in a hot car 150 degrees for 5 days....

Valvoline Maxlife atf smells quite pleasant... Like ATF.

Change 3 qts of VML atf in the 06 Acura just a week and half ago.

Back