Valvoline CVT fluid question?

I purchased three bottles of Valvoline CVT fluid and I noticed that one of the bottles had a slight different color and smell compared to the other two bottles. Note that all of the security seals were still intact none of the bottles looked to be tampered with is it possible they could have missed packaged the wrong fluid in that bottle?

I purchased three bottles of Valvoline CVT fluid and I noticed that one of the bottles had a slight different color and smell compared to the other two bottles. Note that all of the security seals were still intact none of the bottles looked to be tampered with is it possible they could have missed packaged the wrong fluid in that bottle?
So you don't go nuts bring that one back if possible since you are sniffing fluids
. I have gotten some "kerosene" smelling 5W20 Supertech in the past and then engine didn't like it. Odd.

I guess anything can happen.

What car is it for? Nissan? Pusher shim belt JATCO?

Valvoline generally makes decent CVT juice for jatco's - Likely better than factory

O.k. Valvoline recommends their general purpose CVT fluid for toyota spec TC, FE.

Bring back the one you don't like, otherwise you will just worry if you sabotaged your trans. If you cant bring it back, put it in your waste oil container. Not worth the worry to loose sleep over 10 bucks.

Other may say you are just being to persnickety, but get I get it.

If you already installed it , then don't worry it as is likely to work OK, Maybe that bottle has a tad more friction modifiers, or a different - but compatible - base oil substitute

It should be yellow:

That bright yellow funnel may be affecting your colour perception :)

Does the suspect bottle have a different batch or plant code or date code than the others ?

Back