Valve cover gasket replacement 2014 Accord

Just get the Mahle or other OEM gasket and have no problems. I had an "Ultra-Power" gasket that wouldn't stay in the grooves of the cover...what a waste of time to try and make that work. The Mahle was snug and perfect. The exhaust valves on Cylinder 1 were a bit snug, so, loosened those up 1/8 of a turn to bring it within spec. This is what the valvetrain at 122,000 miles looks like after a diet of Pennzoil Platinum 0w20 plus the current fill of HPL 5w20 no VII for a few thousand miles.
accord valve train.jpeg

I think "ultra power" is the closeout junk Rock Auto sells.. Not surprised it's no good. Thanks for the update good to hear you finally got it fixed! engine looks great! (y)

By the way, the picture looks more yellow than in real life. I have an old, smoked, incandescent bulb in my worklight...perhaps that made it appear more yellow/varnished than it looked to my eye. If you look at the front edge mating surface in the middle at the brightest part, that's as bright silver as it can be in real life, and the rag tucked back in the corner that looks yellow in the picture is as white as snow in real life.

Last edited:
Back