Value proposition of manual impact versus gun

I use them quite a bit for rotor screws, old MC cases and covers, car door locks and strikers, I wouldn't be without one.
Koken makes a nice one for the right money, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

I was looking at proto US made for $64. This one is pretty!

You don’t need a really nice one, harbor freight or similar is fine imo. From my experience it’s not commonly used but when it’s needed it’s about the only way to get stuff off/out. I go straight to it on rotors held on by big Phillips too.

You don’t need a really nice one, harbor freight or similar is fine imo. From my experience it’s not commonly used but when it’s needed it’s about the only way to get stuff off/out. I go straight to it on rotors held on by big Phillips too.
Not really interested in buying from our adversaries when I can avoid it. I’d rather spend on a quality US made one.

Last edited:
As has been stated multiple times I was taught these are basically mandatory for motorcycle service. I too keep one for rotor screws, although my results have been mixed. I think I have three now -- they seem to pop up in any old-timers' tools you may inherit or find at flea markets, estate sales etc

Back