vacuum to clean out car?

Sure, a cord is a pain, but it runs forever. Cordless won’t. My auto tools are generally Milwaukee. I have an M12 and M18 vacuum. The M12 is nice and small, but it’s a little cube and easy to transport. The M18 is just a bit larger. It has an 8Ah battery which runs a while, but not long enough to do a ton of work.

I’d get a 1gal shop vac, a long extension cord, and it is what it is.

I use mt shop vac and have a 20 foot very flexible hose....works for me...

I used to drag my mother's Kirby vacuum outside to vacuum my cars. I stopped using it when it happened to pick up a penny and it broke off one of the fan blades. I have a Kirby G5 but that's an indoor machine only.

I use a small 6 gallon Shop-Vac. Shop-Vac doesn't made the round paper filters for it anymore. My wife tells me to just get a new vacuum but I can't bring myself to do this; it was one of the first Christmas presents she got for me when we moved in together.

I wonder how she'd react if I got her a vacuum cleaner for Christmas?

Untitled_111.jpg

Vacuuming leaves off a Taco wiper cowl. Soooo much less anxiousness and frustration for me without a cord!! :)
20240520_110801.jpg

I mostly use the M18 0880

I recently got the 0910 6-gallon and for me it revolutionized larger shop vac use mostly because of the lack of a cord. Much like OP I hated the cord on my old Shop Vac.

I totally realize it's a First World problem but cords just drive me insane. I literally get anxious and agitated.....so maybe I should be medicated???

The 0910 also has a lot of smart features like a nice, long, flexible hose with good hose storage. Milwaukee claims the hose can be rolled over and forced flat and not suffer damage, although I'm skeptical.

It runs a surprisingly long time on a 12.0 and power is good. The casters are quality and roll easily, so you're not fighting it while trying to position it.

Finally, with a simple foot pedal it unclips from the rolling base so you can carry it around. Losing the base also significantly decreases the weight, making it easier to carry.

Apparently I'm an info-mercial for Milwaukee's newer shop vacs (there's also a 9 gal version but the 6 gal is plenty for me) but it really made me NOT hate shop vacs. Still, you may need to find the attachment of your choice for cars, depending upon carpet or upholstery types.
The real issue with cords is the extension cord for hedge trimmers. You keep cutting it. You start out with a 50' cord, keep cutting it, putting a new end on where you cut it and end up with a 5' extension cord by the time you toss the cord and hedge trimmer in the trash.

I use a bagged Miele from the late 90s. Has a built in extension cord that retracts itself, insane suction and a mini turbo carpet head. It also doubles as my house vacuum.

Back