USPS long long delivery to BlackStone Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I mailed my UOA to Blackstone labs on Thursday, June 14, before closing and began tracking on Saturday. Due to arrive on Monday, June 18, 2018, which was reasonable. Now it only states "In transit to next facility." No detailed tracking, no City, State, only "In transit to next facility."

Called BlackStone and they are "aware of the problem."

There must be a special contract between BlackStone Labs and USPS.

My opinion the sample is loitering somewhere. My last UOA took nearly two weeks to arrive at BlackStone labs. Just last week I mailed an envelope (First Class) from Rio Rancho, to Nixa, MO in two days.

We are in the 21 St Century and every package is scanned, yet "In transit to next facility." The U.S. Post Office is a joke.

USPS throttling back UOAs! Anyone else experiencing delays?

Hey Blackstone Labs! Please consider using Fed Ex?

End rant
frown.gif

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I always use a padded envelope and ship it UPS.

Good deal esp with your employee discount.
wink.gif

I've learned my oil analysis lesson. There's plenty of cheaper options that don't require shipping through any company in particular. I don't see any reason to send it to Blackstone and have to do it via USPS.

Last edited:
We just sent a passport in for renewal. Used the overnight service of USPS. This was on a Thursday morning, the mailing arrived at the destination Sunday.

I guess it all depends on what the meaning of overnight is.

I ordered a headlight for my motorcycle from Amazon Sunday evening and it was delivered this morning. About 36 hours from Ky to NC. USPS does seem to be all over the place. Was this a prepaid shipment using a Blackstone shipping label? If so, it probably was shipped using the cheapest and slowest rate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pajero
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I mailed my UOA to Blackstone labs on Thursday, June 14, before closing and began tracking on Saturday. Due to arrive on Monday, June 18, 2018, which was reasonable. Now it only states "In transit to next facility." No detailed tracking, no City, State, only "In transit to next facility."

Called BlackStone and they are "aware of the problem."

There must be a special contract between BlackStone Labs and USPS.

My opinion the sample is loitering somewhere. My last UOA took nearly two weeks to arrive at BlackStone labs. Just last week I mailed an envelope (First Class) from Rio Rancho, to Nixa, MO in two days.

We are in the 21 St Century and every package is scanned, yet "In transit to next facility." The U.S. Post Office is a joke.

USPS throttling back UOAs! Anyone else experiencing delays?

End rant
frown.gif

Respectfully,

Pajero!

you're complaining about 5 days?!? for a (small)Parcel?
the last sample i sent to Blackstone took 2 WEEKS to get there.
I'm only an Hour drive from their facility... I LITERALLY could have walked it there faster...

yes, first class letters/etc do go through in the 2 day time frame quite well. A week before this past mother's day, I mailed a card to my buddies mother,in extremely rural SW Alaska.
she got it in 3 days. for only 50 cents. BTW:the only ways into her town are by air, or the Yukon River. (st. Mary's, Airport code KSM if anyone is curious)

back in the mid 90's, back when they were building new postal sorting centers, closer to the end users*, as an experiment my parents mailed 2 identical parcels, the cheapest way they could. One went to my Brother in DFW area, the other to my sister, who lives around 20 mi north of us.
the one going to Texas was delivered first.

*as opposed to the several rounds of closures/consolidations we've had over the last decade.
we used to have the sorting center here locally for the 458** zipcodes, then they closed it in the late 00's, consolidated us with Toledo, then closed that one,and some others, I'm fairly certain that now ALL mail in the state of Ohio goes through Columbus for sorting... that being said, we still get mainly one day turn around for local mail, 2max..

I mailed a sample to Wix (aka ALS) in Cleveland, OH this past Friday afternoon. Sent it via First Class Parcel, cost was a little over $3. Put it in a box that was 4x4x4.

Arrived on Monday afternoon.

You're certainly able to use ANY shipping service that you wish.

Blackstone may or may not have a contract with USPS and if they do, they're not going to make an issue out of "slow" deliveries 'cause they're really not that time-critical.

Pajero did you mail it in the black jar?

I've had the slow shipping when I ship it like that. But if I box it up and ship it as First Class Parcel then it gets there in 3 days reliably.

I think the jar shape makes it get more inspections which delays it.

If you check the label, it actually goes to the “postage due unit” and is some sort of return service.

My experience with the tracking is that it will just show “in transit to next facility” or something like that at about the same time every day until it it either gets scanned in ft wayne or is so overdue it just stops updating until it turns up somewhere it was never supposed to be.

I kind or wonder if the shape of the bottle is causing problems with the sorter...

My last sample, I bought UPS prepaid from AMSOIL. Didn't think about what I was doing and dropped it into a USPS package box. I was assured, a few days later, they USPS did hand off mis-mailed packages to UPS. But the tracking number never went live, day after day. I finally gave up. A month later, the number went live, the packages was delivered the next day, and my sample was run.

I will not make that mistake again.

I sent mine from Indianapolis and it takes way too long to get there. USPS alone gives me enough reason to want small, more limited government. They can't do anything competitively. God help us when they wind up running healthcare entirely.

Not sure if earlyre actually read my post. It hasn't been delivered.....

Respectfully,

Pajero!

yes, yes i did. i even read it again to do the math to come up with the part where it had only been 5 days.
(mailed on the 14th, post made on the 19th)

the point i was trying to make is that you were complaining FAR too early...

your shipment was coming a good distance across the country, the last one I sent them, remember i'm only about 60 mi from them, took 2 weeks to arrive. and there are plenty of threads about similar shipping times if you dig down through the site.

basically, with blackstone and the USPS, don't panic until your close to a month since shipping.(it's slow)

Last edited:
Mine took out over two weeks to get delivered to the wrong address in Portland. It doesn’t surprise me I have a very low opinion of the USPS

Well good news! Received an e-mail yesterday stating that they received my UOA and would process today.

Unfortunately they didn't get to it yet, maybe next week! At least it's not MIA!

I just placed an order from the United Arab Emirates for OEM parts. It takes five working days to go 8,200 miles, (has to be air) but seven days continental united states 1,100 miles.

My last Apple computer was overnighted from China. Yet, we have problems getting oil samples to Blackstone labs. Hmmm! God bless the United States Post Office!

Fed Ex anyone? Oh, anytime I get a package from DHL, I receive a courtesy phone call ahead of time confirming my presence. Which is awesome!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back