USPS 1st Class Package Speed and Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought few LED light bulbs for my 2004 Honda S2000 from an Amazon seller in Seattle, Washington on December 24th with free shipping. They shipped it by first class package with tracking number, I bought LED bulbs from the same seller for my E430 before.

Friday December 25th was Christmas, 26th and 27th were weekend. Today December 28th the package is out for delivery.

One(1) business day to ship a first class package all the way from Washington State to So Cal for much lower cost than UPS and FedEx is hard to beat. If you count Saturday as business day then it took USPS 2 days, and this is around Christmas holiday. I think a 2-3 ounces first class package cost less than $3-4 with tracking info.

For some of you who had problem with USPS, it was rarer than you think.

Of all "Government Agencies" I think USPS is probably the best.

Quote:
Your item is out for delivery on December 28, 2015 at 9:13 am in LAKE FOREST, CA 92630.

December 28, 2015 , 8:55 am Sorting Complete LAKE FOREST, CA 92630

December 28, 2015 , 4:07 am Arrived at Post Office LAKE FOREST, CA 92630

December 27, 2015 , 2:47 am Arrived at USPS Destination Facility ANAHEIM, CA 92899

December 24, 2015 , 5:22 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility KENT, WA 98032

December 24, 2015 , 4:07 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility SEATTLE, WA 98188

December 24, 2015 , 1:13 pm Shipment Picked Up SEATTLE, WA 98188

December 24, 2015 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

I also agree. Between the packages that went entirely through USPS and those via Amazon Prime, I have been 100% satisfied with the service they've been providing.

alternatively i have had 2 day priority mail items take 7 business days.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
alternatively i have had 2 day priority mail items take 7 business days.

We call this an anomaly.

It was still being transported, and moving on the days that you apparently don't think it was.

Parcels via USPS will move throughout the weekend.

Not a big deal. This is the way it should be, all of the time.

The problem with the USPS is... for one delivery like this, there will be several that are late. There is a serious lack of any consistency within the USPS.

I buy items online very often, at least weekly. USPS is pretty darned good for the price. I have had several anomalies during the past year, including one item that took over two weeks to arrive after being misdirected twice. As Dave said, it was an anomaly. As with prior years I have seen delivery speed improve during the holiday season. Must be the extra help USPS hires?

I also sell items on eBay intermittently. Being able to print my own shipping labels and never having to set foot inside a PO is a big plus. That is one experience they have yet to truly improve.

It's good to see the USPS is getting a 'little' love on BITOG for a change. Considering the Holiday volume and the price, I feel they do a good job.

1st class is fast - Up to 13 ounces, with tracking, between two - fours dollars. We sell a lot of small, light weight packages on eBay, it (1st Class) works out great. Print the postage & put it in the box, don't even have to go to the Post Office.

I had a first class package shipped on the 18th from St.Louis to NC, and it arrived today the 28th. But 99% of the time I have had excellent service.

I agree, USPS has been kicking UPS & FedEx's tails this holiday season, have had many shipped here, all made it in good shape, including a last minute present on Christmas Eve!

USPS is ok. That "Smartpost" shipping is hideous though.

Lets send it 3 days in the wrong direction then take 15 days to deliver something that was estimated for 7 days.

I've sent Media Mail to the same exact zip code and they send it to Colorado to be sorted, and it comes back two to three weeks later to get delivered to the same city it left from weeks ago.

But 99% of the time USPS is pretty good.

I bought a record from Japan,shipped via USPS. Took only a week to reach me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I agree, USPS has been kicking UPS & FedEx's tails this holiday season, have had many shipped here, all made it in good shape, including a last minute present on Christmas Eve!

I've actually been pretty happy with UPS this year, and I haven't been in the past. I ordered a metal bumper from NPD on the 22nd, and received it on the 24th. On the other hand, someone or some company always sends the owner of the dealer I work for a box of steaks for Christmas, and UPS just delivered them today...in transit since the 22nd. The box has a label that says "EXTREMELY PERISHABLE."
crackmeup2.gif
Same thing happened last year. Mail order steaks during Christmas might not be such a good idea.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
It's good to see the USPS is getting a 'little' love on BITOG for a change. Considering the Holiday volume and the price, I feel they do a good job.

I do post positive service whenever I think it is better than expected. I also posted negative if I received one.

It's only fair to do it both ways, and I think many only post negative experiences.

In general, cost of shipping and/or mail by USPS is pretty low compares with other carriers and their speed of delivery is very reasonable.

USPS is the worst. Earlier this month it took them 9 days to ship a valve cover gasket from Texas. I ordered a part that shipped Priority mail Monday from California, 2 states away. The tracking says delayed. New estimated delivery date is Tuesday 1/05/16. Another 9 day delivery. If a company wants my business they better not ship with the post office. Several years ago I ordered an item that took 14 days in the mail to come from Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back