Using a Mity-Vac on a 3.5 Ecoboost

I just used my new Mity-Vac on drain the oil on my F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost but I'm only able to get about 4 quarts out when it holds about 6 quarts. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

Certainly some cars are better fits for a MityVac than others. I use the dip stick as a gauge for the suction tube. I also use only the thinner tube. You gotta fish around. When it starts to suck air, fish around for a better spot, even twisting it, as the tube has a curve to it.
Good luck.

some cars you leave 2 oz, some you leave 2qt.

subaru fb25 for example is worthless to use an oil extractor.

Extractor tube probably hitting an oil pan baffle and can't collect the last couple quarts below the baffle.

oilpickuptube_c227228732ebbca0f1e868cc5a64708409d471c4.jpg

Just guessing here though.

One time I was using my Top Sider oil extractor to do an oil change on my 2016 Jeep. Same thing happened, started sucking air when I thought there was a little more oil in the pan. I twisted the nylon tube a little and it got stuck......which freaked me out a lot! I could not pull it back it was hung on something in the pan. Fortunately I removed the drain plug and was able to see it in the pan, I had my wife push it a little more, it kinked I grabbed it with a o-ring pick pulled it out of the drain plug hole, cut it off at the dip stick tube and pulled the whole tube out. IDK if I had let the nylon tubing go so long it got "fuzzy" from being in and out of places so many times on the end or what but that's the first and only time that ever happened. I routinely check my tubing and change it any time I see a bur or nick in in.

I have had the same issue with a mighty vac and that engine. Will not suck it all out.

I just used my new Mity-Vac on drain the oil on my F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost but I'm only able to get about 4 quarts out when it holds about 6 quarts. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?
Are you using the smallest tube?

I've had cars where the "medium" tube fit into the dipstick but not through where it mounted to the engine.

Would it be great if there was a tube built in just for oil extractors that you could hook up. I gave up on them.

My Pela pump vac gets every ounce out of my "17 Camry. Oil pan appears to have some kind of spring loaded flap door that allows the tube to access the canister area.

Have tried the vaccum on a 3.5 ecoboost, you only get about half the oil, it works for some cars but not for others. Youll have to drain your sump. It works on my Subaru but not my Honda. I kinda wish they designed all cars to have oil changes done from the top.

Back