Used Truck shopping...maybe

I had to do both rear calipers as I launched my boat in the ocean a lot and the salt rusted the bleeders in place.

Interesting! Wonder if it's common on these. My Titan had to have both done as well. The shop went to open the right rear and it broke to.

Interesting! Wonder if it's common on these. My Titan had to have both done as well. The shop went to open the right rear and it broke to.

Cant say, I used mine in a boat shop business and put the rear end under water a hundred times a year minimum they lasted 15 year under towing duty.

Longer term update on this truck:

I really like it a lot especially the driving Dynamics and the usability of the truck. Reliability has been good. Gas mileage it's not very good on these but I knew that 😁

In February we moved to Iowa to be close to my wife's family and towed a trailer from Arizona to here it did great, very capable and comfortable towing experience.

She just rolled over 86,000 yesterday. Since my last post I replaced the front differential pinion seal, all of the fluids have been replaced, thermostat housing replaced, battery, ,and last weekend I did the belt and belt tensioner. Going to do the spark plugs very soon. Other than that just driving her and keeping plenty of gas in there haha.

These rigs are really underrated trucks, I told my wife a little while ago I've owned so many vehicles and this truck is one of my favorites. just a pleasure overall 👍

Was considering a new Titan-premium fuel is recommended-and according to the Titan boards they don't run well on lesser fuel. Since the new Titan is only made for the North American Market, this is the last year for sales in Canada-and Nissan is bleeding red ink-these trucks are probably not long for this world. Sales are not great either.

Was considering a new Titan-premium fuel is recommended-and according to the Titan boards they don't run well on lesser fuel. Since the new Titan is only made for the North American Market, this is the last year for sales in Canada-and Nissan is bleeding red ink-these trucks are probably not long for this world. Sales are not great either.
Pretty sure they dont require premium fuel day to day. They require it to deliver top HP/TQ.
I only run premium when towing - hauling lawn clipping and a couch gets 87.

Id guess the trucks much more profitable that most autos iim the US the titan is up 28% year on year.

Were you saying your 5.3 now has trans issues or something about that?

Pretty sure they dont require premium fuel day to day. They require it to deliver top HP/TQ.
I only run premium when towing - hauling lawn clipping and a couch gets 87.

Id guess the trucks much more profitable that most autos iim the US the titan is up 28% year on year.

Were you saying your 5.3 now has trans issues or something about that?
No-it doesn't have transmission issues-it's just the lack of refinement in the designing process. You are right about the Titan-but the YTD total is like 2,388 units-compare that to the Silverado at 40,509 units or the F-150 at 55,276. So-it doesn't take many units to be up 28% when you sell so few.

No-it doesn't have transmission issues-it's just the lack of refinement in the designing process. You are right about the Titan-but the YTD total is like 2,388 units-compare that to the Silverado at 40,509 units or the F-150 at 55,276. So-it doesn't take many units to be up 28% when you sell so few.

Titan was never more than a blip against the domestics never claimed otherwise. What was the best selling rig never factored much in my decision.

My point was profitable and growing = keep it on the price sheet.

Titan was never more than a blip against the domestics never claimed otherwise. What was the best selling rig never factored much in my decision.

My point was profitable and growing = keep it on the price sheet.
If you are going to keep it until the wheels fall off...it's not a consideration. However-if you like to trade up every few years it is definitely a consideration-what the RESALE value would be.

If you are going to keep it until the wheels fall off...it's not a consideration. However-if you like to trade up every few years it is definitely a consideration-what the RESALE value would be.
I for one do keep them forever - mines an 04 no reason to get off it.

Im not certain new sales popularity directly translates to resale value.
Example Over the long haul the Tundra rules, where going by most popular it should be the F150.

In an " every few years" scenario the titan is surprisingly strong - beating everything.

My experience is that condition usually drives resale more than almost any single factor, but thats my experience.

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.36.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.36.20 PM.png

I absolutely love the new Titans. Especially the XD model, I drove one I'll be it it was a 2016 model with the Cummins and I couldn't believe how good the fit and finish was as well as the ride quality for being such a big truck. Furthermore it just felt like a truck it reminded me of the way that they should be not car like and yet not rough at the same time.

If I was going to buy a new truck now, it would be the XD for sure.

I for one do keep them forever - mines an 04 no reason to get off it.

Im not certain new sales popularity directly translates to resale value.
Example Over the long haul the Tundra rules, where going by most popular it should be the F150.

In an " every few years" scenario the titan is surprisingly strong - beating everything.

My experience is that condition usually drives resale more than almost any single factor, but thats my experience.

View attachment 63738View attachment 63739

With Nissan's financial picture-and the Titan will only be a U.S. product after this year, coupled with the very low sales volume-this truck is on death watch-IMHO.

Back