used STP3600, anybody want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last fall, I cut open an STP E-core in this post.

I actually purchased two at the time and I just finished a 5000 mile run with the other one. It looks fine externally and inside the center tube.

Most people are reporting that the e-core endcaps are securely bonded. With the new one that I checked, though, I found the end caps easily peeled off. I am a little curious to know how the end caps look after usage.

I won't cut this used one open though, because my method of cutting open filters is messy enough on new ones... no way I'm going to open a used one.

If anybody has any interest in cutting it open and posting a few pictures... let me know within a week or two... I'll send it to you my treat.

I've got some used chewing gum if anyone is interested. Real cheap.

but will you ship it to me ..and does anyone care about how it looks on an oil board??

kanling - I'm a bit backed up on filter "stuff" with some other issues that I'm dealing with right now. I don't know when I'd get to it. Maybe someone else will speak up and take you up on your offer.

I also have plenty of used chewing gum.
wink.gif

Actually, I would like to get somebody else's opinion on whether the end caps on this filter pull off easily. Other people have said that they don't. The one I looked at did. I'm thinking maybe it is just this batch. (And I'm assuming that the two filters I got from the same store on the same day are the same batch and are probably the same as far as end-cap bonding goes.)

Yes, that's what I meant by "my treat". I will pay for shipping.

If I had one of those real filter "can opener" tools, I would cut it open myself. I have used only a Dremel tool and I can just imagine the oil droplets sprayed all over the workshop if I used that to cut open a used filter.

I didn't have any problem "fragmenting" the Ecore fabric endcap ..but it left "full coverage" leftovers on the media. My take was that this is not a defect. It wasn't flappin' in the breeze
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by kanling:
I also have plenty of used chewing gum.
wink.gif

If I had one of those real filter "can opener" tools, I would cut it open myself. I have used only a Dremel tool and I can just imagine the oil droplets sprayed all over the workshop if I used that to cut open a used filter.

if you hot-drain a filter by pushing a hole in it, most of the oil should shoo out of there, making dremeling off the canister easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back