Used car with Auto Braking for under $10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2005-2010 Acura RL had CMBS, and the 2004-2006 Lexus LS430 had the PCS/radar cruise option. Both are crude 1st gen systems. They are both luxury cars with the parts prices to correspond. The Lexus would be my pick, proven 3UZ-FE engine and they aren't that bad to work on for the exception of the starter and cam seals.

Toyota also offered PCS on the 3rd gen Prius, which seems to have taken a resale hit and Uber drivers are walking away from them. If you can find a 2010-2015 Prius IV/V package which includes PCS and radar cruise control without head gasket issues and all the recall/warranty work for the brake actuator done I think that would be a good buy. The Prius C also has it standard on the higher-level trim packages.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by supton

Is the auto braking threshold something that can be adjusted on most if not all models?

Our 2018 VW Tiguan SE without adaptive cruise you are able to change the auto braking threshold easily to 3 levels. It works quite well except in slush it turns itself off as the sensor(front VW) gets covered.

The feature works amazingly well, VW nailed it. It slams the brakes once quickly to wake you up and if you don't react it takes over perfectly (admit twice I activated).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back