Use for Old Durashine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had bought a few cheap bottles of Durashine years ago, used it and was not impressed, put bottles away in storage and pulled them out a year back.

I did an experiment with it on my 92 Dodge truck dash & all interior plastic finishes. I washed it and then applied Durashine to rag and applied, let dry and buffed it. Leaves a nice shiny and quite hard surface, dust wipes off it easily and shine seems to last, in not greasy after it dries and doesnot fade. After the first application months later I found I didn't have to wash the dash prior to applying the Durashine again.

I also use it on rubber/plastic trim on exterior and it really richens colour and keeps them black. I put it on my black winter front and it protects it from road salt and keeps it soft and black too in sun and elements. In spring prior to storing the winter front I coat it, it looks like new the following fall.

I cant muster up courage to use on my interior or plastic/rubber on 05 XTrail Nissan but so far it is doing good job on the work truck.

I would not suggest using this on a new vehicle, it works for me on the 92, I have numerous bottles and it takes very little of this stuff after the first application, I go months before needing another application and I work with cement and lime which gets all over interior after days work, seems to seal and give easy clean up, seems to work alright. Thought a few Bitog'res might have a bottle or two diguarded as I did and put it to use. I wont waste my time using it on the paint. I have two bottles left, they will probably last life time of truck.
cheers.gif

Cyprs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back