Urea as a gasoline replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any knowledge or insights as to the legitimacy and viability of this technology, or the company? This is not about urea injected in diesel fuel, but as a gasoline replacement in cars.

“Reaction Sciences (Inc.) has developed and owns patent rights to the only alternative automobile fuel, urea, that can make hydrogen or ammonia as needed, and that is currently cost competitive with gasoline as well as being totally safe. The fuel is on-board and produces hydrogen or ammonia as demanded by the engine or fuel cell. Since RSI’s fuel is cheaper than gasoline it may be used in today’s automobiles rather than having to wait for other changes and improvements.”

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
currently cost competitive with gasoline as well as being totally safe.

The absolute statement "...totally safe" sounds like a heaping, steaming pile of marketing puckey to me.

Originally Posted By: J. A. Rizzo
Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
currently cost competitive with gasoline as well as being totally safe.

The absolute statement "...totally safe" sounds like a heaping, steaming pile of marketing puckey to me.

That's the most true part of the statement. Since it wont burn or explode (including inside the engine...) its "totally safe." Just don't drink it...

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Holy pig pee! I can see all the drunks standing on the side of the road now, filling their tanks.

Actually when I was a teen a couple buddys and I helped to top off a neighbors car's tank. Lets just say it wasnt good fuel.

Maybe if there had been flex fuel cars back then would have still ran the next day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back