UPS Worldwide Saver Irritation

UPS is killing it lately or USPS isn't..
Seals to the UK sent Wed afternoon and received in London Friday morning.
Only a 4 Oz package that cost $39.. but the customer paid the freight.

Many times UPS is now beating ground advantage by USPS in price and speed.

Many times UPS is now beating ground advantage by USPS in price and speed.
UPS owns their planes so they will fill them even if that means faster service than you paid for 'cause it costs the same whether the plane is filled to capacity or half full*. USPS depends on other cargo carriers or commercial flights and are at their mercy.

*I realize weight impacts fuel economy but that plane is flying either way

UPS owns their planes so they will fill them even if that means faster service than you paid for 'cause it costs the same whether the plane is filled to capacity or half full*. USPS depends on other cargo carriers or commercial flights and are at their mercy.

*I realize weight impacts fuel economy but that plane is flying either way
Yeah that's a given but still super fast since I threw it in a drop box...

Yeah that's a given but still super fast since I threw it in a drop box...
Why ? You obviously got it in the box before the pick-up time so with the time difference, they were on a plane that night and arriving in London Thursday morning/afternoon, then out for delivery the following day. This is what these companies do.... I'm not sure that carriers offer "overnight" service from the US to Europe because of the time difference but on more than one occasion I've had goods shipped from Belgium to the US that show up the next day. This works because they get a 6+ hour head-start (and there were no customs hiccups).

Why ? You obviously got it in the box before the pick-up time so with the time difference, they were on a plane that night and arriving in London Thursday morning/afternoon, then out for delivery the following day. This is what these companies do.... I'm not sure that carriers offer "overnight" service from the US to Europe because of the time difference but on more than one occasion I've had goods shipped from Belgium to the US that show up the next day. This works because they get a 6+ hour head-start (and there were no customs hiccups).
I've been importing and exporting worldwide for over 45 years.

Complementing UPS that's all. Nothing more.
And I got it in the box after the 4:45 pickup if you need to know.

Back