UPS FOR ME- Global Post Causing Me Drama

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I used UPS from the 70's to Mid 90's when I was shipping heavier parcels.
After that I went to USPS because I now ship mostly smaller items.

I use stamps.com and love their paste in shipping interface.
I do maybe 80% foreign orders and use Global post for that.

I have had not so great Global Post service.
Right now, I have a parcel going to Australia and it went from MD to NY and all over the last 14 days.
Since I own every post office in the world the emails come in 24/7 demanding to know where their parts are.
Enough.

I can use UPS on stamps.com now for the foreign orders
Had a guy in Australia buy 4 pounds worth of machine parts ($1200 USD)
He paid my flat rate Global post rate of $38
I went with UPS 1–3-day saver for $62 and I ate the extra cost. He got it in 2 days, and I avoided all the delay BS.
Totally worth it.

UPS has one irritating issue too.
When you do the foreign label they make you print 3 commercial invoices.
Okay... All is good.
One day later you get an email or call from UPS that you need a commercial invoice, or your parcel will be returned.
So, the last parcel I did the 3 invoices and added a fourth to avoid this nonsense.
Well, that didn't work so I asked the UPS guy that called me.

He said Philadelphia seems to pull all the invoices and then this happens later on down the line.
Told me to call my local agent. If I can get that fixed life will be easy and I don't mind paying up.

I used UPS from the 70's to Mid 90's when I was shipping heavier parcels.
After that I went to USPS because I now ship mostly smaller items.

I use stamps.com and love their paste in shipping interface.
I do maybe 80% foreign orders and use Global post for that.

I have had not so great Global Post service.
Right now, I have a parcel going to Australia and it went from MD to NY and all over the last 14 days.
Since I own every post office in the world the emails come in 24/7 demanding to know where their parts are.
Enough.

I can use UPS on stamps.com now for the foreign orders
Had a guy in Australia buy 4 pounds worth of machine parts ($1200 USD)
He paid my flat rate Global post rate of $38
I went with UPS 1–3-day saver for $62 and I ate the extra cost. He got it in 2 days, and I avoided all the delay BS.
Totally worth it.

UPS has one irritating issue too.
When you do the foreign label they make you print 3 commercial invoices.
Okay... All is good.
One day later you get an email or call from UPS that you need a commercial invoice, or your parcel will be returned.
So, the last parcel I did the 3 invoices and added a fourth to avoid this nonsense.
Well, that didn't work so I asked the UPS guy that called me.

He said Philadelphia seems to pull all the invoices and then this happens later on down the line.
Told me to call my local agent. If I can get that fixed life will be easy and I don't mind paying up.

An example of a smart man who is successful in life.

USPS has never been the reliable choice for worldwide shipping especially for big packages..
They tend to lost a lot of big packages.
It makes sense because the postal system in every country is done by different entities.
So USPS is not responsible anymore once the package leave the US.

In the case of UPS, UPS here in US runs the UPS in other countries.
Same company/entity, send and receive the packages.

When I ran the warehouse for the software company back in the 90's, we only shipped via FedEx for international. They did better than UPS.

I can't even imagine using the Postal Service for overseas. Good Lord.....

When I ran the warehouse for the software company back in the 90's, we only shipped via FedEx for international. They did better than UPS.

I can't even imagine using the Postal Service for overseas. Good Lord.....
Yeah it stinks.
The issue is on inexpensive orders people just wont pay the cost and that often indicates shipping the cheapest way. Yes it is really that bad.

When a package is delayed let alone sitting in customs or taking the normal delivery time customers assume I am responsible for every little thing. Its all on me.

They won't even pay for insurance but I do. When you take a customers money everything is your fault. That is just the way it is.
Got it...apologies, as I didn't "see" the sarcasm in your text ;-)

Still happy
I am eating most of the shipping as my customers don't care how long it takes just to be cheap.
Plus, I think they like to hound you for 4-6 weeks.
Last week I sent UPS to 7 countries. I paid up to just avoid I never got it BS...

If you can keep the really small stuff to 8 ounces or under its around $30- well worth it

Back