UPS Drivtrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ddrumman2004
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
UPS should be showing up anytime now with three gallons of Zerex Asian Car coolant that I couldn't purchase locally. Don't understand why the local parts houses don't carry it because the local Toyota dealership sells a lot of vehicles.Guess there may not be too many DIYs around here.

I have to ask.....what is the difference between Asian and American engine coolant?

As for the UPS vehicles around here, the ones I see are mostly diesel powered.

This begs the question, what do they do with the package cars once they reach their end of useful life? How long, in years or miles, is the life of one of these vehicles?

They strip usable parts off and cut the bodies up for scrap. No idea on total miles (they just keep rebuilding them), but service life of a "package car" is in the 25-30+ year range. (I still see 80's GMC's and 1990-ish Internationals regularly.) The dude that delivered where I used to live drove a beat-up mid-70's GMC until a couple years ago: 292 six, 4-speed, manual steering, and probably north of a million miles. (His new ride is a Freightliner with a Cummins.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back