Upper cylinder lubricant which best brand?

Hello everyone I am looking to use best upper cylinder lubricant. I see there many upper cylinder lubricant Amsoil upper cylinder lubricant, Lucas upper cylinder lubricant and injection cleaner, Lucas motor treatment, Gumoutall in one, Gumout high mileage regane and gumout multi system tune up , Rislone upper cylinder lubricant, marvels mystery oil, motorkorte ucl, redline s-1 and many other.? Which best upper cylinder lubricant ( I am trying cleaner intake valve using crc intake valve cleaner next oil change for my Honda Pilot 2014. ) need upper cylinder lubricant so what carbon not burn will stick cylinder upper lubricant to minimum cylinder wall scratches. I will using Exxon or shell 93 ( premium fuel for cleaning time). ? I will looking best one market

I use upper lube for the valve seats and stems. I dont want my exhaust valves pocketing on my shim and bucket system...and my motor runs smoother with it. I know the seats are hardened but its like grandmas chicken soup..might not be much help but certainly won't hurt...

no...I don't use chicken soup for top lube...I use a plain 30wt mineral oil designed for pass through applications.

Until it clogs your cat. BTDT.

OP, if you want a cleaner chose something with PEA. All the things in your list are NOT the same. Regane HM, Techron, Redline, - something premium with PEA and not the mouse milk stuff.
I just need best upper cylinder lubricant until I do intake valve cleaner ( crc intake valve cleaner) I used pea cleaner 1 time just before oil change ( I have used gumout regane to all in one Techron concentrate plus currently has few regane Gumout multi system tune up and Techron concentrate I have buy on clearance . Also has few bottles Lucas and other fuel additive Rislone upper cylinder lubricant )

Last edited:

OP, if you want a cleaner chose something with PEA. All the things in your list are NOT the same. Regane HM, Techron, Redline, - something premium with PEA and not the mouse milk stuff.
I would say MMO cleans the engine so well, that is what clogs your cat 😉

In all seriousness, I have a hard time believing MMO used in the correct dosages will clog your catalytic converter.

I have used, and currently use MMO, 4OZ per 10 gals or about 6 OZ per tank if on empty and I have no side affects.
I believe it does help a little, but its not a miracle fluid. When I use MMO I notice slightly more carbon on the chrome exhaust tips, but could not tell you if its from cleaning the carbon out of engine or if the carbon is actually from the MMO?
I have hundreds of thousands of miles and many years total using MMO, never a clogged cat, check engine light, or anything negative.

Do we know what has PEA these days? Even the usual suspects like Regane have removed it from their product labels

Do we know what has PEA these days? Even the usual suspects like Regane have removed it from their product labels
They all gumout regane has pea they remove from product label so they can blend product for price point. Since Covid hit price all product go up they all start get cheaper product.

They all gumout regane has pea they remove from product label so they can blend product for price point. Since Covid hit price all product go up they all start get cheaper product.
So how do you know they haven't removed it completely to save costs or avoid shortages? If PEA is the big selling point you'd think they would keep it in the label

So how do you know they haven't removed it completely to save costs or avoid shortages? If PEA is the big selling point you'd think they would keep it in the label
They advertised pea with regane product for example they will not completely remove it because then there no different between there injector cleaner vs complete fuel system cleaner and gumout regane product was one of top and best pea to price ratio before 2019 early but 2021 they lower pea % . I don’t know how much I guess 5% to 15% previous product line 21 gallon to 19 and all in one to 35 to 25 gallon.

Noticed a comment that this is only in Supreme - but isn’t the mid grade a mix of regular and super ?
Shell nitro plus and mobil / Exxon premium both has upper Cylinder lubricant in there premium grade of fuel. It depends upon gas station or convenience store pump someone store has pump which mix premium and regular to make midgrade . Some different tanks for regular, midgrade, premium. So need ask store employees if they different tanks or not.

What is it exactly in the upper cylinder that isn’t being lubricated and needs this additive to do so?
I need upper cylinder lubricant because I own gdi honda 3.6 engine it has 200k need upper cylinder lubricant I can used that when I am cleaning using crc intake valve cleaner. ( just when carbon clean there some chunks that will not be burn will scratching again cylinder wall if upper cylinder lubricant it will lubricant it . )

Back