Upgrade for water separator for 2015 Ford Powerstroke

Looking to upgrade the water separator on my Ford F250 Powerstroke. The only thing I can find as a kit with no cutting or drilling is a Dieselsite one for $699. (It's on sale now for $100 off). Anyone know of any that are lower in price. A Racor diesel fuel filter/water separator for a boat engine is $200. But would need to be plumbed.

Racor water separators/fuel filters are really nice. Lots of semis have them installed

Ford upgraded it with the 2017 Powerstroke. But mine is a 2015. The current primary filter/water separator does not do a great job at separating out water. Its basically a plastic cup with a drain petcock at the bottom that screws over a cartridge filter. The cartridge filter media is special that does not allow water to pass through. In theory.

I never find any water when I drain it (not often) but am looking to avoid that one load of bad fuel that allows water into the injector pump and costs over $9000 to fully repair.

I drive Diesel car's my 4th Benz. Never had any issue. 3 of my MB had water sensor and they have never lit up. Racor is likely to vacuum your wallet. I do run 2 oz of Kreen in 21 Gallon tank I have but not religiously.

See this link about fuel additives and water
Water in fuel removal additive | The Diesel Stop

Probably not seeing much water in the water separator not because it's not doing its job, it's just the nature of the fuel itself, or the type of water dispersant additive you're using. Maybe with using a demulsifier (like Stanadyne), the separated water isn't reaching the water separator in the engine compartment. Emulsifiers are not recommended. And the Power Service Solbulizer is not taking advantage of the water separator

Looking to upgrade the water separator on my Ford F250 Powerstroke. The only thing I can find as a kit with no cutting or drilling is a Dieselsite one for $699. (It's on sale now for $100 off). Anyone know of any that are lower in price. A Racor diesel fuel filter/water separator for a boat engine is $200. But would need to be plumbed.

I put a Throttle Up Industries kit on my 2012 Ram and love it. It is a Cummins engine so I use Fleetguard filters on this kit and under the hood. The kit is very simple to install and adds a significant piece of mind for me...

Just my $0.02

See this link about fuel additives and water
Water in fuel removal additive | The Diesel Stop

Probably not seeing much water in the water separator not because it's not doing its job, it's just the nature of the fuel itself, or the type of water dispersant additive you're using. Maybe with using a demulsifier (like Stanadyne), the separated water isn't reaching the water separator in the engine compartment. Emulsifiers are not recommended. And the Power Service Solbulizer is not taking advantage of the water separator

Agree with you on emulsifiers 100%. I was using Power Service (Emulsifier) in my 2012 Cummins Ram until I discovered this after doing some investigation and having a Gelled up situation. I switched immediately to Howe's and haven't looked back. As a side note when the water is Emulsified in the fuel it can slip past the filter causing problems down stream with HPCR components and injectors longer term.

Just my $0.02

Agree with you on emulsifiers 100%. I was using Power Service (Emulsifier) in my 2012 Cummins Ram until I discovered this after doing some investigation and having a Gelled up situation. I switched immediately to Howe's and haven't looked back. As a side note when the water is Emulsified in the fuel it can slip past the filter causing problems down stream with HPCR components and injectors longer term.

Just my $0.02
Which flavor of Howe's?

Which flavor of Howe's?

The diesel treat. It works really good IMO. I also use Meaner Power Kleaner in the summer once in a while for injector cleaning and any water.

Just my $0.02

Back