UPF63R AC Delco filter

I have a 2500HD 6.6l gas engine and will be using this filter UPF63R. Do y’all have any info on this filter? It appears to be a more robust filter than the PF63. Who manufactures it?

I bought a couple for my 2021 HD because they were on sale. After looking closer at them I am not sure I would spend the extra money on them over a standard PF63.

I bought a couple for my 2021 HD because they were on sale. After looking closer at them I am not sure I would spend the extra money on them over a standard PF63.
I push the engine pretty hard. We pull a 43’ fifth wheel trailer. I guess I’ll stick with the UPF63R. I’m sure the PF63 will work fine. Thanks

Rock Auto considers the UPF63R an upper level filter.

599C6A0D-4B1D-4E93-BB55-779180EC4873.jpg
60F58A18-EDB3-4054-A7FB-8656FA629B38.jpg

Rock Auto considers the UPF63R an upper level filter.
Is the Ultraguard Gold the only model that comes in UPF63R?

I remember when the AC Delco Ultraguard Gold first came out. IIRC, it was a wire backed full synthetic media, but that was changed years ago to what it is now. The current model's efficiency isn't as good as it was back when it was full synthetic media. .

I doubt R.A. based that on anything other than what the literature said, I think there are better choices for the $$.

The PF63 (& very similar Champ PH500) are both Ecore filters, the UPF63R is going to have a metal center tube and stronger can. Not sure if it’s worth an extra $3/filter or not.

Old tread but i got a offer to get a couple of UPF63R filters from a friend who got told that he cant use them on his 5.3 Suburban if he get one PF63 from me. I dont get why the UPF63R would be bad replacement of the PF63 ? May it be bypass pressure ?
For me they looks ok. Inner metal tube and feels a little heavyer compared to the PF63

IIRC the bypass pressure valve is spec'd the same for the PF63e and the UPF63R...I think it would be the same for a regular PF63 (if they still exist outside the e-core models)...I thought the 5.3 V8s used the PF48/UPF48R filters?...

Bill

Tnx Bill
My 2016 5.3 use PF63 by the users manual and the 6.0 in the same manual uses PF48E
I think his Suburban is an 2012 so can be that it has the PF48 ? I will ask him to look in the manual to see what filter type he needs.

^^^ Last one sold was on 27 Jan 2019 for $5.99. Wonder why he hasn't had any sales since then? :unsure:😂

Yeah - mine is older - 2 came with some Baldwin filters I did use … cut one of these and it was Ok inside - But, may as well toss since I don’t know numbers on it …

Back