UPDATE: Pirelli Cint P7 A/S +

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE on the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All-Season PLUS(225-60-16) for my BIL/SIL on their '03 Mitusbishi Outlander 2WD.

They love'em! Last Weekend, we got an 8" snow dumping and they were over having dinner with us. The snow was heavy and wet and the plows were just starting to come out. When they left to go home that evening, the roads were covered with snow again and the driving would have been very slippery on their way home.

This particular Mitsubishi has never been a good vehicle in the winter time(2WD) and most of the tires that they have purchaced over the years would not bite into the snow/ice and would also hydroplane in rain on the hiwy even when new.

Thus far since their purchace, we have had freezing snow/ice(2 NE Storms) and heavy rain when the temps decided to warm up for a day or two, prior to getting back down to freezing tempuratures again.

The tires are very quiet(I've driven/road in this mini CUV) and I can attest to the tire quiet, sharp(er) cornering(driven respectively as they do) and just overall road manners.

Granted they did have several hundred dollars(nearing $1000) of susspension work/alingment performed prior to the tire installation but, the body structure and susspension is very tight in that old Asian Car way for 150K + miles. Rust is another matter
smile.gif

The P7 has made the steering different in a very good way as they still had their old tires(w/lots of tread remaining) on their Mitsu CUV even after the susspension/alignment. NOW,there is a noticable tightness/steering responce with the P7's as their old tires(which look fine), caused wander and just a slipperness on the road. Even in the dry, the old tires had a disconnected feel and now, the P7's have a very confident & connected feel on the road.

Their comments are: "the car never felt this good when it was new!" [11 yrs ago].

I must say that the overall feel of this '03 Outlander is very tight feeling now, the ride over imperfections is a huge change and just from the drive, you'd never know it had 150K miles. There really is a difference but, lots of factors have helped with this change in personality(susspension work/new tire).

If I had let them buy tires on their own, they would have purchaced overpriced low end tires(again, based on price). We got the tires from Treadepot for $374 shipped(225-60-16) plus a Walmart install and he(BIL) said that he had never paid this little for tires.

BTW, W*M refunded their money due to the Tech installing the tires(asymetrical), put them inside/out even after mentioning this apon arrival and once again, bringing the tires back to have them corrected and waiting another hour. They(Techs) either installed the tire wrong again or just didn't correct the issue...Called the MGR and he made things right!

Longevity and overall performanc as the tires age, all remain to be seen. But, if they have similar success with the P7's as I have had with my P4's, they're going to love'em for a long time
laugh.gif

Last edited:
thumbsup2.gif
Thanks for the review. I've been eying these for our Cruze once we need new tires based on the survey results on TR. Thanks for taking the time to write up the real world experience. Keep us up to date!

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Thanks for the review! I can't wait to put mine on the Fusion. The OEM Michelin Energy Saver A/S leaves a lot to be desired in the snow.

I think that he P7's would be a nice addition on the Fusion
smile.gif

I don't really push my P7 V's for wear issues but when I get close they respond..ride seems harder but the Accord has 187k now so difficult to find blame..when I need traction its really good in wet and snow..one of my drive ways is 300ft uphill and less than 4" of snow the FWD Accord takes it. For $500 205/60/16 out the door they seem like a good value and I was always pretty much sold on Michelen...I'd buy these again.

miles on 6,800

I have 5k miles on the P7's so far. Absolutely love them in all weather conditions (snow, ice, rain, dry). They are very quiet and grippy- no loss of MPG in my Eco Cruze. So much better in every way than the OEM Goodyears they replaced.

I've also looked at these for my Cruze.
I notice the V rated P7's are cheaper than the H rated ones.
They both carry a 700 UTOG so I assume the V's will wear just as long.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I've also looked at these for my Cruze.
I notice the V rated P7's are cheaper than the H rated ones.
They both carry a 700 UTOG so I assume the V's will wear just as long.

It's like that sometimes!
smile.gif

In some cases too, the next size up is often less expensive than the size below. In my circle(family/friends) we'll often jump up one size in tires if the sizes are close in price and the tire fits in the wheelwell & doesn't hit against the shocks/struts or anything else. Especially with the Trucks/SUV's tires. Often on a car too!

I know, I know! Changes the spedo accuracy! Often it makes them right on according to Radar...Things that we check when making the change.
smile.gif

Often our group just Plus "0" their tires and just change size for a different look on the vehicle(when not changing wheels).

Last edited:
I just ordered a set of these in 195-55-16 for the Protege5. Seems there are more choices than in the 195-50-16 Mazda specs for the car.

It will probably make my speedometer more accurate as currently, my GPS displays 2-3 MPH lower than indicated.

Had them installed yesterday. No real drama. Too soon to tell as I've only driven them about 50 miles. The ride is softer than the outgoing Conti DWS 195-50-16 tires. Some of that is the likely the slightly higher aspect ratio. Quieter too, but then I recall the Continentals were quiet when I put them on about two years ago.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I just ordered a set of these in 195-55-16 for the Protege5. Seems there are more choices than in the 195-50-16 Mazda specs for the car.

It will probably make my speedometer more accurate as currently, my GPS displays 2-3 MPH lower than indicated.

This chart will get that information for ya...
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back