Upcoming 2013 Ford Escape SEL review....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's 2013 Ford Escape SEL with the 2.0L ecoboost and AWD is going to have a few thousand miles on it soon enough. It is essentially fully loaded with everything but auto wipers and HID head lights, I think. I have driven it several hundred miles so far and will be driving it some more during the holidays.

I am going to be writing up a review with my personal observations/comments sometime soon. Is there anything anyone wants me to test out or pay special attention to?

I would just be sure that the recalls have been addressed. There have been 7 on the 2013 model year. A few were fire risks and another for fuel leaks.

Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
I would just be sure that the recalls have been addressed. There have been 7 on the 2013 model year. A few were fire risks and another for fuel leaks.

I don't think any of those have been on the 2.0L EB engine, just the 1.6L.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
How it feels on 87 vs 93 octane fuel. Ford down rates the engine on 87 octane by 9 horsepower vs 93 octane.

I can already answer that one, sorta. We don't really have 93 to choose from, only 91 octane. The drive ability difference is very noticeable. Don't attempt to tow anything of any size on 87. It just doesn't work. MPGs with 87 topped out around 25-26 MPGs. Running 91 hits 27-28 MPGs quite easily.

Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets

If it's the 2.0, most of the recalls didn't apply.

I'm just not sold any any Eco engines just yet! Way too many issues & they are not established in the real world durability with at least 200K miles.

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
I'm just not sold any any Eco engines just yet! Way too many issues & they are not established in the real world durability with at least 200K miles.

The 2.0EB engine has been around for quite a few years now. It's not a "new" engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back