Uneven headlight haze.. methods?

I think I had mine 3 years before I realized that was a thing!

There's literally no reason to ever turn them off if your car has DRLs and shuts all the electronics incl.cig lighter/power adapter like ours do.

Anyone want to guess what this is?

20210115_123829.jpg

Answer is.. I have the Mothers Aluminum Polish on the headlights for about 20 minutes now. How much longer before I wipe it off?

If you just want to even them out, have you considered rather than clearing up the hazy one, to make the clearer one more hazy?

Acetone hazes up lots of plastics really well o_O :ROFLMAO:

I believe they look more uniform already...

The Mothers Aluminum Polish was on there for about a half hour.. no wheel or drill or Electric Orbital..

Yes I sprayed some of the 303 on afterwards...

New headlights cost $120..
20210115_131442.jpg
20210115_131448.jpg
20210115_131454.jpg
20210115_131602.jpg
20210115_131608.jpg
20210115_131623.jpg
20210115_131637.jpg

Not bad, but what about that busted fog light?

Pair. Ordered, delivered today, and probably thrown on tomorrow.

Good clear headlights and of course non busted fog lights (my car could use stiffer front shocks) really transform look of car.

I was going to maybe hit headlights one more time but maybe letting it sit that half hour did the trick...

You think your headlights were bad you should see the plastic ones on my dads Camry. He seen on YouTube someone using WD40 (think it was SK maybe) so he done that it didn’t help a bit. It’s a wonder that he passes inspection because they are cloudy and probably don’t shine 5 feet ahead. 😆

You think your headlights were bad you should see the plastic ones on my dads Camry. He seen on YouTube someone using WD40 (think it was SK maybe) so he done that it didn’t help a bit. It’s a wonder that he passes inspection because they are cloudy and probably don’t shine 5 feet ahead. 😆
The 3M kit works really well, since you are up all hours you could pick it up and give it a go.

Maybe so. Next he wants to try toothpaste but I don’t think that will work either he watches too much YouTube.

I missed a few posts to this thread, saw a little chide about not listening but whatever. The Aluminum Polish method seems to have worked pretty well, I am not even sure if I have to hit it again.

$3 vs like $20...

Lol I was saying first my dad tried WD40 that didn’t work now he wants to do toothpaste to clean them. And yes they were saying you didn’t take a suggestion from a mod above.

Lol I was saying first my dad tried WD40 that didn’t work now he wants to do toothpaste to clean them. And yes they were saying you didn’t take a suggestion from a mod above.

Somehow, someway, I missed what that suggestion was - If it was "Don't go buying a headlight restore kit" OR "Don't go buying new headlights" then I technically did that, and returned the headlight clean product I DID buy yesterday.. I don't know, lost in translation lol ?

As to your WD40 and Toothpaste. The WD40 thing, people say that stuff can do anything. And I agree, it's like a degreaser AND penetrating lubricant for it to be "Water Displacement formula #40" hence it's name, WD-40.. however, many are quick to point out that you shouldn't use it on almost anything ? Confusion ensues.

And now lastly to the toothpaste . My understanding is it has to be a high fluoride OR Baking Soda toothpaste (more expensive than minty ones) to be effective, sort of like putting Coca Cola on battery terminals, which I have done when I suspected corrosion. It is VERY similar to what I did with those.. And wasn't expecting much result, honestly.. I don't think I got them 100% clean but they look 90-100% better and that's what I wanted, so. Maybe another shot of 303 on the lens?? Or not..

Set of matching news cost $120.

Somehow, someway, I missed what that suggestion was - If it was "Don't go buying a headlight restore kit" OR "Don't go buying new headlights" then I technically did that, and returned the headlight clean product I DID buy yesterday.. I don't know, lost in translation lol ?

As to your WD40 and Toothpaste. The WD40 thing, people say that stuff can do anything. And I agree, it's like a degreaser AND penetrating lubricant for it to be "Water Displacement formula #40" hence it's name, WD-40.. however, many are quick to point out that you shouldn't use it on almost anything ? Confusion ensues.

And now lastly to the toothpaste . My understanding is it has to be a high fluoride OR Baking Soda toothpaste (more expensive than minty ones) to be effective, sort of like putting Coca Cola on battery terminals, which I have done when I suspected corrosion. It is VERY similar to what I did with those.. And wasn't expecting much result, honestly.. I don't think I got them 100% clean but they look 90-100% better and that's what I wanted, so. Maybe another shot of 303 on the lens?? Or not..

Set of matching news cost $120.
LOL. I would of kept the headlight cleaning kit. We don’t believe in returning stuff so we would have found a use for it somehow lol.

Back