Ultra1plus motor oil

I looked at their website. They say there from and have a refinery in Brazil, but then have a big made in USA banner? I don't know, seems confusing at best?

Not sure why you would want to buy from such a company. Buy from a real American Company, like Mobil1 or HPL if you want something boutique or special - that way there is no confusion on where it comes from.

I looked at their website. They say there from and have a refinery in Brazil, but then have a big made in USA banner? I don't know, seems confusing at best?

Not sure why you would want to buy from such a company. Buy from a real American Company, like Mobil1 or HPL if you want something boutique or special - that way there is no confusion on where it comes from.
Probably like a lot of foreign cars are "made in USA", they're just assembled here into their final form. This company probably imports the finished oil in bulk carrier format, pump it in bottles here, and bam! "made in America". Or raw basestock blend shipped here in bulk, then blend in the additives and bottle here, same result.

There really needs to be an asterisk on the phrase, like so: "Made** in USA", with an explanation (unique to each product) that tells the actual process of manufacture, for that particular product. Like an itemized list of subcomponents and processes (and where each is sourced or assembled). Will never happen. Just my opinion.

Probably like a lot of foreign cars are "made in USA", they're just assembled here into their final form.
Cars specifically need to list their content percentage on the monroney sticker. ie made in USA with 78% US content is what my Nissan said.

I agree having that level of detail on other products would be helpful in deciding. In this case, if you bring in Brazilian oil and refine it here, I think I would be OK with calling that made in USA. Still, I would rather buy oil pulled from the Ground in North Dakota or Texas.

Last edited:
Cars specifically need to list their content percentage on the monroney sticker. ie made in USA with 78% US content is what my Nissan said.

I agree having that level of detail on other products would be helpful in deciding.
I think they should go further than that, like more specific itemized breakdown. So your new car would come with 50 pages listing every part down to nuts and bolts. Needs more transparency! 🤣 Just (halfway) joking. Lol

Gonna start my own oil company, call it BIGBOBS just throw some api sn and whatever I can come up with on the bottle and charge $2 quart. They will be all over it.

I can do a private label of it tomorrow. Dexos Gen 3 full synthetics would be > $5 / quart. Syn blend 5w30/5w20 > $3.

I’m pretty sure @wwillson would probably get me a C&D letter Monday.

(Wwillson this is a joke for the record.)

Back