Ultra 1 Plus 5w-40 Synthetic

If it’s anything like their gear oil I would stay away from it. Someone here did a VOA and it had almost no anti-wear additives.

So in other words no direct experience, just hear say.
Well on the other hand it only claims to "exceed the performance requirements of" API SP but doesn't actually have the license, so who knows. It doesn't claim to meet any other licenses, specifications or approvals. I'd avoid it for that reason alone when you can buy a 5W-40 at Walmart that actually has demanding approvals.

Considering you posted this in the HDEO/Diesel forum, what would indicate that it is suitable for a vehicle that requires a diesel specification or approval?

So in other words no direct experience, just hear say.
Correct. And I’ll never have any experience either, since I would never use an oil that doesn’t have the API approval symbol in any of my engines. That includes my lawn mower.

And CK-4. Other than a snarky response to a legitimate question. If you cannot offer some insight please don't respond.
The 5W-40 product you are posting about is API CK-4 licensed? I don’t see where any of their full synthetic products have that license.

The 5W-40 product you are posting about is API CK-4 licensed? I don’t see where any of their full synthetic products have that license.
There website lists and on bottle API CK-4 , just not the typical circular and on 5 gallon pail.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it on the API website either for the 5w-40, it only shows SP/SN Plus. CK-4 is 10w-30, 15w-40:
Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 11.38.28 PM.jpg

And CK-4. Other than a snarky response to a legitimate question. If you cannot offer some insight please don't respond.
If it says meets or exceeds it is NOT approved. You came to wrong crowd to ask whether they have any experience as no one here would buy an oil like that!

Back