Typical small engine lifespan in hrs. (5-25hp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I put @18 hours per year on my Kawasaki twin and maybe 4 hours on my B&S Intek twin I suppose my son will be able to pass both mowers on to his son...

We have a few Ligier and JDM "cars" come in for maintenance at the dealership, they usually have Lombardini or Yanmar 2 cilinder diesels in them. Usually they do little mileage but the last one 60,000 miles on it, at a top speed of 30 mph that's at least 2000 hours. No signs of wear on the engine.

Top speed and weight are limited as you can drive these things without license.

Great thread. My Toro walk behind is a 20611 from early 90s. It was close to 20yrs old when I snagged it off the roadside. Looked like it mowed a 3/4 acre lawn. It had a 1/4 bolt barely holding a height adjuster on. Suzuki 4 stroke. I have dropped the bowl a few times. Main trouble has been frozen linkages. I freed them up. Starting improved to new GTS standards. It is a trimmer that is more often used as a weed wacker. Doesn't use oil. I use what is around for top off. It has plenty of life left. So does the 11 HP B+S I/C flathead that runs the sit down 20 hrs a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back