type of oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
greetings all,

I have a 2011 jeep wrangler JK 3.8 lt , and about a month ago I changed oil and put in mineral oil 5W/30 but recently I got an indiction
on the dashboard stating change oil???? should I go over to 10/30 synthetic ? I live In a very hot island enviroment 89 degrees farenheit
I went to look for some brands and found "MOBIL 1 10/30 advanced full Synthetic" and CASTROL EDGE 10/30 API SN synthetic
on the market, any suggestions which one to use ? I have about 95.000 miles on it. thank you.

I erased the codes on the OBDII but the indication comes on back when you are starting the engine, then afther a few seconds it goes away.

What oil is best to use . now, 10/30 or 10/40 or 15/40 for this type of weather? engine runs real smooth you don't even feel its running.

Run your oci and clear the soccer mom idiot light when it comes on, you don't need a OB2, just use your trip button and gas pedal. My last vehicle was a 6 cylinder JK, I prefer 5w30.

key on without starting. Gas pedal fully to the floor 3 times within 30 seconds of turning the key on. Shut off key and check. Works on many a Fiat/Chrysler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back