Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene

I did not use the TW Graphene products on my window glass. I know that some people swear by applying wax or Rain-X but the one time I tried it I didn't like the rainbow effect at night.

Reactions: hrv
I have used Seal n Shine and Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray, but much prefer the Graphene Flex wax spray.

So far it has been more durable than anything I've used. Originally applied in April. Topped with Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic in August, and when I was washing the other day it was still beading like crazy (even after a trip through our local touchless, which has a pre-soak that ravages sealants).

I topped with the GG in preparation for a fall of countless road trips, because it's a little less finicky than the others, especially if I get some a little too thick on a panel.

I reapplied the Flex wax to prepare for a long midwest winter.

Graphene is unproven IMO. It's not even the graphene creating the hydrophobicity people are seeing. I'm not buying it.

Most frustrating/worthless car detailing product I've ever used and I've been using sprays and paste waxes for 20+ years.
FWIW I switched from Meguier's Ceramic Sealant to this stuff 6 months ago, and don't plan on going back. Greater shine, longer lasting and easier to apply. I spray a MF towel with a few squirts, then apply. Hard to tell if anything gets on the finish as it evaporates quickly without needing to buff. Last black and white cars I did.

034.jpg

006.jpg

Pan the man likes it :D .
I wouldn't buy it.

Whatever is in it, it works. I've used it on my Jeep twice and now on my wife's Jeep. The stuff is incredibly durable and the hydrophobia is the best I've ever seen. On top of that, the gloss/shine is as good as anything I've used. And the icing on the cake is that one jar goes a LONG way and is the easiest paste I've ever applied.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't give it a try when its only about $25.

I tried it today on my white car (25 year old Maxima) and it seems to have worked well, though white is a very forgiving color when it comes to waxes/sealants leaving streaks. I used it as a spray & dry wax (applied after wash while still wet), and am pleased with the results. Nice slick finish with no streaking.

I tried it again on my burgundy Kia after a wash and dry and it was the same frustrating experience-- though the streaks do seem to dissipate some after a day or two.

I have no problems with its staying power, I seemed to have gotten 3-4 months of decent beading, despite our van not being garaged and exposed to the elements. That's about all I would expect out of a good wax/sealant.

I picked up some Eagle1 wax & dry, which is my favorite for quick spray wax applications. I won't miss the TW graphene spray, but still have a half bottle (+) left that I'll use exclusively on my white car.

Might of been in the prep prior to waxing.

1. Should of stripped it with Purple Power (high ph), rinsed, then washed with baby shampoo (neutral ph).

2. Dry with compressed air and a chamois. My chamois is about 35 years old and STILL works like new. Course back then they made stuff to last LOL.

Might of been in the prep prior to waxing.

1. Should of stripped it with Purple Power (high ph), rinsed, then washed with baby shampoo (neutral ph).

2. Dry with compressed air and a chamois. My chamois is about 35 years old and STILL works like new. Course back then they made stuff to last LOL.
If I have to go through that rigamarole to apply a wax/sealer, it's not the product for me. I clay bar and do a full detail at least once or twice a year, I consider that sufficient for my needs, and I suspect it's far beyond what 99% of vehicles out there get. I need the product to work for me, not the opposite.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't give it a try when its only about $25.
I just paid $30 for a gallon of “ceramic” spray sealant that performs as well as some real ceramic coatings. Though, it only lasts for a month or two.

Why should I spend $25 for a small bottle of product that will probably last months, not years?

I just paid $30 for a gallon of “ceramic” spray sealant that performs as well as some real ceramic coatings. Though, it only lasts for a month or two.

Why should I spend $25 for a small bottle of product that will probably last months, not years?
Which product??

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I've only done it dry once. It turned out great, but since then, I've gone to doing it wet and drying with the thick microfiber.

I hit it with the Graphene paste last March, I believe, and then use the spray Flexwax as a maintainer when I wash it. I'm due for another round of paste, but that's probably overkill, as this stuff seems to be pretty durable.

The more I think about it, the more I think spreading it with a power washer is the key. I don't think the garden hose pressure moves it around enough.

If this doesn't work for you, the regular Hybrid Solutions version works great when applied to a wet car. With it, you spray it on, then dry it. No hosing.

Try the Flexwax with high pressure spray and dry with a thick microfiber and see how it does. Don't forget to shake the hell out of it before applying. I also don't let it sit. I spray, then blast that panel before moving to the next. I use it on the windows, too. No streaking there, either, and it sheds water better than Rain-X.

Here's the other I was talking about. Works well, too!

c7c5e353-932f-4013-999f-3837627137b7_600x600.jpg
I used this product on 4 different vehicles two times last year and I have to say, I am very impressed. Two of the vehicles are outside all the time and are still beading water well. I found it cheaper to buy direct from Turtle Wax versus a store on elsewhere online.

I think the new Can Coat Evo is going to be great. Up to 12 months and ridiculously easy to apply.

Guess it depends on how many vehicles you have and how often you apply. Given the durability of the product, I can't see needing to reapply before 3 months. If using primarily on one vehicle, I can see it lasting well over a year-- it doesn't take much of the product; one or two sprays is sufficient. $25 a year isn't much IMHO.

Guess it depends on how many vehicles you have and how often you apply. Given the durability of the product, I can't see needing to reapply before 3 months. If using primarily on one vehicle, I can see it lasting well over a year-- it doesn't take much of the product; one or two sprays is sufficient. $25 a year isn't much IMHO.
Age alone, is not the only variable in durability. Friction plays a large role as well. How often are you washing the vehicles in your example?

Assuming all other variables are the same, a vehicle that receives a hand wash every 7-10 days will experience a shorter lifespan than one that receives a wash every 30 days. The act of touching the surface during the wash and the dry will wear the layer of protection.

Age alone, is not the only variable in durability. Friction plays a large role as well. How often are you washing the vehicles in your example?

Assuming all other variables are the same, a vehicle that receives a hand wash every 7-10 days will experience a shorter lifespan than one that receives a wash every 30 days. The act of touching the surface during the wash and the dry will wear the layer of protection.
Ha, I envy those that have time to wash their car every 7-10 days. After applying the TW graphene product, my cars don't really begin to get dirty (enough that I feel like washing it) until after the 30 day mark. I usually try to stretch it out to 60 days, especially this time of year when it's colder and no fun washing cars. No salt / winter weather to deal with here (except on rare occasions), so I have it pretty good in that regard. Rain and road grime are the worst offenders here.

It may actually last a full year. I was at 8 months and saw no sign of it letting up. And that small bottle goes a loooong way. I've done 3 vehicles with it and it is barely depleted.

If I have to go through that rigamarole to apply a wax/sealer, it's not the product for me. I clay bar and do a full detail at least once or twice a year, I consider that sufficient for my needs, and I suspect it's far beyond what 99% of vehicles out there get. I need the product to work for me, not the opposite.
Prior to waxing any car, you need to strip all the old sludge off. Be it wax, sealant, bugs and so on. THEN you can clay bar away if you wish. Tossing different wonder waxes of the week on won't give the best protection for said product without stripping the paint clean. All in the prep work.

And microfiber towels go in the trash. Don't care the brand or cost.

Back