Turds! Yes or No>? FleetGuard Filters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gal tried to be sweet!
frown.gif
I was looking into FleetGuard filters, AKA as a part of "Cummins Filtration" now---or so I'm told.)

She ordered me 5 filters at almost $10 each
shocked.gif
(with shipping)...

Just curious...if I have to not marry her now:

Do they have an anti-drain-back valve? Decent construction? Quality media?
confused.gif

I would throw her down and thank her for it. If you know what I mean. Any girl did that for me I would have to think of what I'm gonna get her? Your jinxed, you have to run those oil filters or she will ask questions, so don't even think about the quality. Just run em and know that an oil filter is an oil filter.

I got a batch of Fleetguard 3554 filters with synthetic media for my old Corvette and GMC 4.3L V6. Very solid construction with good workmanship. They have ADBVs

Based on the hydraulic filters I've used, they deserve the "quality" label, imo. Not too many people have experience with them due to limited distribution.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
I got a batch of Fleetguard 3554 filters with synthetic media for my old Corvette and GMC 4.3L V6. Very solid construction with good workmanship. They have ADBVs

You are correct the LF3554 is a synthetic media filter. It is rated 73% at 10 micron and 30 micron absolute.

Fleetguard is big into class 8 trucks making fuel and lube filters for all the big diesel engines. I have used their fuel and oil filters in the past and they seem like decent filters. Now I use Napa 1792XEs (extra efficiency) for my Caterpillar engines lube oil requirements and I use Caterpiller high efficiency fuel filters. I didn't know fleetguard made filters for cars and pickups.

I've used quite a few Fleetguard filters, which is a division of Cummins and is now called Cummins Filtration. Fleetguard has some high efficiency filters similar to the Wix XE's. For the most part Fleetguard makes great filters. They are pricey unless you have a fleet account with a Fleetguard/Cummins dealer.

ULVER - IMO, Fleetguard are fantastic filters. I have been using them exclusivly for about 3 years. I even have experience with the LF-3554 which I am currently using in a 3.4L GM and my boat with the 4.3L as well.

Here are some spec's I got from Fleetguard a while back. Not sure what they all mean, but I liked the the fact that the LF-3554 has better filtration but still flows twice as much as the LF-782.

LF-3554
CAPACITY 14 g SAE J1858
10 MICRON EFFICIENCY, TWA 73 % SAE J1858
30 MICRON EFFICIENCY, TWA 100 % SAE J1858
CLEAN ELEMENT DP, MAX 3.48 PSI ISO 4548-1
TERMINAL DP 7.98 PSI
RATED FLOW 7.93 GPM
ELEMENT COLLAPSE/BURST, MIN 79.77 PSI ISO 4548-3
HYDROSTATIC BURST, MIN 203.05 PSI ISO 4548-6
HYDR.PULSE DURABILITY, MIN 60000 Cycles ISO 4548-5
AT HIGH PRESSURE 72.52 PSI
AT FREQUENCY1.5 Hz
VIBRATION FATIGUE, MIN 10000000 Cycles ISO 4548-7
AT ACCELERATION 5.1 G's
HIGH TEMP 250 F°
LOW TEMP -45 F°
ADBV LEAKAGE, MAX 60 mL/h

Compared to the same filter with their regular media (LF782)

CAPACITY 10 g SAE J1858
30 MICRON EFFICIENCY, TWA 76 % SAE J1858
CLEAN ELEMENT DP, MAX 4.06 PSI ISO 4548-1
TERMINAL DP 7.98 PSI
RATED FLOW 2.91 GPM
ELEMENT COLLAPSE/BURST, MIN 79.77 PSI ISO 4548-3
HYDROSTATIC BURST, MIN 203.05 PSI ISO 4548-6
HYDR. PULSE DURABILITY, MIN 60000 CyclesISO 4548-5
AT HIGH PRESSURE 72.52 PSI
AT FREQUENCY 1.5 Hz
VIBRATION FATIGUE, MIN 10000000 Cycles ISO 4548-7
AT ACCELERATION 5.1 G's
HIGH TEMP 250 F°
LOW TEMP -45 F°
ADBV LEAKAGE, MAX 60 mL/h
FGD 2.2.7

Yes, unless she's got some really bad habits that you can't live with ...heck, she starts with filters ..move on to other items on your "wish list" and see what happens.

For most men, this could be as close to "I Dream of Jeannie" as you can get!
grin.gif

the main reason i stoped using fleetgard was their psid pressure for a clean filter its too restrictive....here are some examples from diff. companies i got from tech. support..
wix=1.4psid@ 3gpm and 5psid @ 11-13gpm
ford racing filter=2.5psid @ 3gpm and 7.3 gpm @ 13gpm..
baldwin =5psid @ 5gpm
fleetgard =4psid @ 5gpm
donaldson =0.5 psid @ 3gpm.....

of course these are for the fl820s motorcraft interchange to these companies..

i learned that a good flowing filter psid should be at least 2psid @ 4gpm..

I really liked the Fleetguards I was running on my pickup truck. Quit though because they did not have the threaded end bypass valve, which I prefer for Fords. If you have a GM product, no issue at all. But on balance, Fleetguard is a quality filter. I would (though not qualified to) rate them up with Wix.

Women... Can't shoot.. Ah, well...
grin.gif

My filters haven't arrived, and she can't find the pronted invoice, and can't recall what site she used to order, though she thinks it was the the Fleetguard/Cummins homepage, or here:
http://www.fleetguardfilters.com/

I can't even find a cross-ref, to the M/C 820, and now I am worried
rolleyes.gif
if she didn't order me a Fleetguard for a Ford tractor, and not a Crown Vic!

Any help
dunno.gif

That website is not the Fleetgaurd Cummins homepage, it's some outfit that sells that brand filter. The Cummins Filtration website is Here. The FL820 is a Fleetguard FL3681 or for the high efficiency a FL16002.

Even if she bought the wrong filter at least she tried, you better marry her anyway!
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back