Tungsten Disulfide (Wolfram Disulfide)

But are the Calcium Carbonates sticking to the metals like they say?
Yes, since it has a sulfate component to it, it has an affinity for depositing this component
onto metals.

I have no idea what Redline means by 'sticking' but the chemistry definition in this context is as follows:

The fraction of all atoms incident on a surface that are adsorbed on the surface.

Not gear oil but Ravenol's motor oils contain tungsten that they are happy to advertise as an advantage....
Liquimoly's Molygen line of motor oils also contains a tungsten-based friction modifier. They sell a MoS2 for gears product as well for manual trans, diffs, etc.

Liquimoly's Molygen line of motor oils also contains a tungsten-based friction modifier.
Where do you have this info from? I have looked at their datasheet and I could not figure out if that is true.

Where do you have this info from? I have looked at their datasheet and I could not figure out if that is true.
Because I know..hahahaha. I've done virgin/UOAs on it but had to request tungsten as an analyte/pay additional for it from BS. It's not listed on the data sheet but that is what it is.
OilReports-page-001 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Back