TSX Under VC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled the VC for a valve adjustment. 125k miles. I purchased the car 4 years ago with 10k on it. It primarily gets PP and PureOne filters, changed out at intervals that I would get yelled at for, so I'm not going to divulge.
cool.gif

0a1c24c.jpg

d4d965d.jpg

4e1be1a.jpg

44f38d9.jpg

Last edited:
See all pennzoil does it sludge up engines! Nonsense, that looks great. But I'm gonna guess that's no surprise if it was 3k ocis?

Last edited:
Whatever the intervals are , it is clearly working. That motor is spotless.

Not super short. ~5k, depending on when the OLM starts to nag. I'm sure it could go a bit longer, but I'm too lazy to keep track of the mileage manually, so I let the dummy lights dictate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cpayne5
Not super short. ~5k, depending on when the OLM starts to nag. I'm sure it could go a bit longer, but I'm too lazy to keep track of the mileage manually, so I let the dummy lights dictate.

Does the TSX require synthetic meeting HTO-6? Or does it not specify synthetic or conventional?

Pennzoil is a great oil.
Stop....go....Pennzoil.
Its like liquid ball bearings.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
Originally Posted By: cpayne5

Does the TSX require synthetic meeting HTO-6? Or does it not specify synthetic or conventional?

Nope, doesn't require HT0-6. Nor does it specify syn or conventional.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Pennzoil is a great oil.
Stop....go....Pennzoil.
Its like liquid ball bearings.

I run the PP because it keeps the valvetrain a little quieter than M1, which I ran once. I run M1 in my 4Runner, which you can see the results of here. Same story with that vehicle - OCI dictated by the dummy lights.
smile.gif

Last edited:
It has been a great car. The only issue I've had was a leaking steering rack. It started leaking about 2 months ago at about 120k miles. It took me about 5 hours (and a $350 rebuilt rack) to replace it (with the help of a buddy's lift). Not terrible. Other than that, it's just been the normal oil changes, brake pads, tires, air filter, cabin filter, and MTF changes.

It's comfortable, smooth, quick, relatively economical, and fun to drive. My commute is 110 miles round trip, and it is about as close to a perfect car for me as I could find. I wholeheartedly recommend the 6 speed. It is silky smooth and makes the car a joy to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back