TriVal windshield (by Pilkington)

I just had my OEM windshield replaced after a rock chip turned into a several foot crack. The original was a Pilkington windshield. The mobile glass repair service was supposed to install OEM equivalent glass and installed a TriVal branded windshield. Apparently TriVal is a trademark of Pilkington. The DOT code 563 is for Shenzen glass (China). Anyone have any experience with this windshield line?

The mobile glass repair service was supposed to install OEM equivalent glass and installed a TriVal branded windshield.
What do you mean, "supposed to install OEM equivalent glass"? That IS what they installed. Is there a problem with the glass or installation?

Last edited:
Windshield seems fine overall. I drove it today and noticed a slight distortion in the far 3" or so at the edge near the passenger side pillar when seated in the driver seat. Not noticeable unless looking for it. Main field of view seems fine. I had just never heard of the TriVal line of Pilkington before. I will say it is much clearer than the sandblasted OEM windshield it replaced.

563 === junk. That’s the DOT number for XYG, who also makes glass for LKQ’s PGW(formerly PPG AGR) as well. The only Chinese glass I’ll accept is FYG.

Pilkington OE is DOT 15/25/36/404/682, their Mexican aftermarket plant is DOT 177.

Back