Triton Trailer Axle Hub Grease

I recently purchased a new Triton snowmobile trailer and the grease in the hubs is red.
Triton lists the axle as a Dexter axle and lists the following as approved grease:

IMG_5567.jpg

My question is, would John Deere Multi-Purpose HD Lithium Complex grease be compatible with the grease in these hubs or am I better off using one of the above listed greases?
I currently use the John Deere grease on my other trailer wheel bearings and on my John Deere lawn mower.

As long as its an NLGI#2 lithium complex GC-LB grease it doesnt matter what color it is, thats just dye that the makers use and it is meaningless.
The question of grease for Dexter axles comes up regularly on RV websites. The list of approved grease on this document is simply companies that submitted specs and maybe some $$ to Dexter to get on their approval list.
Personally I use Lucas red & tacky but I also have some Mystic JT-6 on hand when my current stash of Lucas runs out.
Those bearings arent picky about what brand of grease you use as long as its replaced periodically during a bearing repack (yearly according to the Dexter manual)

Back