Triton motors good ?

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
They are solid engines, but are not economical to operate, I think the best I ever got was 18mpg 100% highway, while the 6.4L in my SRT would do low/mid 20's.

That's likely because it's installed in a large heavy brick. The 4.6 in my Mustang got 26 mpg doing 75-80 on the freeway a few weeks ago, and gets 17-18 around town if I can stay off the fun pedal. It's not a Prius, but again, it's not a Prius.

Originally Posted by Anduril
They are solid engines, but are not economical to operate, I think the best I ever got was 18mpg 100% highway, while the 6.4L in my SRT would do low/mid 20's.

That's likely because it's installed in a large heavy brick. The 4.6 in my Mustang got 26 mpg doing 75-80 on the freeway a few weeks ago, and gets 17-18 around town if I can stay off the fun pedal. It's not a Prius, but again, it's not a Prius.

Oh, I know, but even my wife's RAM 1500, which is roughly the same weight as the Expie gets significantly better mileage. But of course the truck has MDS.

Oh, I know, but even my wife's RAM 1500, which is roughly the same weight as the Expie gets significantly better mileage. But of course the truck has MDS.

Extra gears and a decade of computing power helps.

Originally Posted by dave1251

Extra gears and a decade of computing power helps.

And I guarantee you the 4.6 won't wipe out a cam lobe or two!

Back