Tried to wax my truck...

So yesterday being " overcast" I washed my truck and intended to wax it. I took an hour break after washing, came back to see a coating of fine dust on the roof and hood. The Canadian wildfires caused this according to the weatherman. It's so bad here today that schools are cancelling all outdoor activities and health warnings are out against any unnecessary outdoor activity especially for the elders! This is the Rochester, NY area.
Guess I'm not mowing today.

I am close to you -- about 20 minutes south of Buffalo. Tons of haze and same fine coating on everything. Faint smell of smoke as well.

Smoke and ash are no fun. I've been using wax that is applied while vehicle is still wet........better than nothing.

So yesterday being " overcast" I washed my truck and intended to wax it. I took an hour break after washing, came back to see a coating of fine dust on the roof and hood. The Canadian wildfires caused this according to the weatherman. It's so bad here today that schools are cancelling all outdoor activities and health warnings are out against any unnecessary outdoor activity especially for the elders! This is the Rochester, NY area.
Guess I'm not mowing today.
Exactly what we went thru here in Cali with last years fires, had my AC checked out by an AC tech and he said the coils were caked with ash, washed it all out. ;)

Back