TRD oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been curious since I got the Camry, I was on their site looking to see what mods I could do. Not much for the 2.5 but I did see the oil filter. I am running the Toyota oil filter now. any advantage to use the TRD?

The search feature on this site is lacking, but you can use google's index for this site by using

"trd oil filter" site:bobistheoilguy.com

That brings up some threads with some good info.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JerryBob
The search feature on this site is lacking, but you can use google's index for this site by using

"trd oil filter" site:bobistheoilguy.com

That brings up some threads with some good info.

yeah, I found that out. starting search, thanks.

Your engine takes a cartridge type oil filter, so there may not be much of an advantage going to the TRD filter which shines on spin-on models.

The Fram Tough Guard or Extra Guard cartridge filters are well built and what I use in my Toyota's. Fram recently released their Ultra Filter for your application, so also check it out too.

Ultra Premium: XG9972
Tough Guard: TG9972
Extra Guard: CH9972

Do you know the apropriate trd filter # for your car? I recently got 2 trd filters for my corolla and they are 3 plies 98% at 20 microns solidly built and has the nut on the end. Depends how much you can get them for will b the factor. I paid 14$ each...doubt its worth the price over the fram ultra but i wanted to try it out.

The TRD for my Toyota Land Cruiser is Champ built and is a dead ringer for a Mobil 1 filter.

The Camry filter is probably built by Champion too.

So, yes, it would be a "better" filter than stock.

But you could shop the oil deals and pick up the M1 version for "free".

I think O'Reilly has a PP/M1 deal right now for $36.99 with a $10 card back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back