Transmission Flush Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BIGROB
thanks again for info.....well i hope this tran fluid dont do any damage until next payday.

It's THEIR problem, not yours. No need to wait until payday. As was said, demand they use the right ATF or give a full refund.

Be a PITA if need be...not saying anything now means you're basically okay with the guy stealing from you the hundreds of dollars it could take to repair the trans. Isn't that worth being a PITA about?
mad.gif
Besides, you'll never go back there anyway, so who cares what they think.

Somewhere on those Allpar forums I found a discussion that said Chrysler saying Dexron was OK if ATF+3 or ATF+4 was not available was a cause of some of their transmission problems. This was on the Caravans anyway. I brought my own ATF+4 to my mechanic when I had mine changed.

If you do confirm that they put the wrong fluid in it i would demand that thay put a warranty on any fluid related failures so if something as been damage you have covered you arse.

I agree, go back and ask to see the specs for the fluid on your receipt and where does it say ATF+4? You want the right ATF, what if it fails in 20K miles, whose fault is that? I would ask for your money back.

I do my own ATF flush using the cooler line and its pretty easy. I can then afford to use Amsoil ATF in everything that is spec'ed for it. You can do a cooler line flush with maybe one extra QT. Best is to drain the pan before the cooler line flush or pump it out with a MityVac. Then fill with fresh ATF then start the cooler line flush.

There is a chance they will mess with your car if you force them to re-do work.

This is why you always bring your own ATF otherwise shops use their own garbage house brand ATF. What makes you think they wont just throw in some milk one of these days?

Well fellas the trans made it 5/months on the OEM XL, that [censored]. But the trans did slip on a very cold day. But i went back with 20 quarts of valvoline atf +4 and had it flushed , i've learned my lesson and thank you for your input fellas!

MaxLife does not cover ATF+4 as our shop learned on our transiton from Amsoil. So we brought in Valvoline ATF+4 which is a full synthetic. I would say they probably thought that MaxLife coveres everything and just used it, as ive corrected someone in my workplace on that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back